• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am Scared ... All The New Gun Owners!

Man....so much for 2A community. That's exactly the problem with the gun community most every one is some chest beating know it all that is unwelcoming to a new comer. Why not help educate? Who cares if they are a democrat or a republican? I had a coworker reach out to me and her entire family was anti-Trump and pro Joe. She asked me If I could teach them about firearm safety and manipulation. I gladly did it and I'll be helping them more in the coming weeks. I've been a shooter my entire life and my understanding of the 2nd amendment is it isn't "reserved" for a certain demographic. Self defense isn't limited to republicans, or good ole boys...coming to you as a non-liberal and 2A absolutist. Most of you probably wouldn't agree that believe ex-convicted felons should have their rights restored to legally own and carry a firearm, but we'll leave that for another day. ;)

On another note in 2020 I converted an Anti-Gunner Lib friend of mine into a Super Pro-Gun anti-liberal. I helped him pick out his first handgun and helped him through the process of ordering online, FFL shipping, 4473 form. He couldn't be happier

When I was up in Pigeon Forge I went into Buds Gun Shop to browse. They were putting on a firearms class and the guy told me that it was mandatory to take a firearms safety course in order to get a CCP in TN. That is what EVERY state should mandate.
Absolutely 100% NO!
Dang people! :tsk:

Man....so much for 2A community. That's exactly the problem with the gun community most every one is some chest beating know it all that is unwelcoming to a new comer. Why not help educate? Who cares if they are a democrat or a republican? I had a coworker reach out to me and her entire family was anti-Trump and pro Joe. She asked me If I could teach them about firearm safety and manipulation. I gladly did it and I'll be helping them more in the coming weeks. I've been a shooter my entire life and my understanding of the 2nd amendment is it isn't "reserved" for a certain demographic. Self defense isn't limited to republicans, or good ole boys...coming to you as a non-liberal and 2A absolutist. Most of you probably wouldn't agree that believe ex-convicted felons should have their rights restored to legally own and carry a firearm, but we'll leave that for another day. ;)
So you are helping those who are voting for and electing officials that are continuing to erode, and desire to ultimately eliminate, your rights, exercise theirs. And you're indignant towards those that won't? Well, all righty then. .
And yes, if they are walking freely in society, they should have their rights restored. If they are so dangerous they can't be trusted with a firearm, they shouldn't be walking around society.
The "2A community" 'does not equal the "gun owning community". They have little to do with each other.

OP Sounds like you are making up a delusional scenario to justify your distaste for new gun owners. Its been a huge influx of new shooters for almost a past decade as sales records are broken every year. Seems to be a lot of wannabe ATF and gun Karens on the ODT lately.
Big Facts, This forum is where we could all come together and embrace our common interest, but I guess its cool to close the boys club off now a days.

So you are helping those who are voting for and electing officials that are continuing to erode, and desire to ultimately eliminate, your rights, exercise theirs. And you're indignant towards those that won't? Well, all righty then. .
And yes, if they are walking freely in society, they should have their rights restored. If they are so dangerous they can't be trusted with a firearm, they shouldn't be walking around society.
The "2A community" 'does not equal the "gun owning community". They have little to do with each other.
People that vote outter party exist...It always has. People change their mind on who they vote for all the time. What a politician wants isnt always exactly what the person that votes for them wants. There is a lot more to voting than just "gun rights" am I saying that Joe Biden is the answer to those questions that will "Restore America"? No, but you're telling me someone who voted for Joe Biden should become a victim of a violent crime and their family shouldn't have the RIGHT to protect themselves? Thats kind of messed up.

OP Sounds like you are making up a delusional scenario to justify your distaste for new gun owners. Its been a huge influx of new shooters for almost a past decade as sales records are broken every year. Seems to be a lot of wannabe ATF and gun Karens on the ODT lately.

Go back and read post #75.

I welcome new gun owners, The point most will see is a political one... Because of rising accidents, as a ratio, due to unprecedented new gun purchases that will give the gun grabbers a lot of fodder to use against us.

proetoimásou

The Reality is not all Democrats want to take your gun rights away...Thats voters we are taking about. Politicians have their own agenda's deeper than we will ever be aware of. There are plenty of people on either side of the coin that aren't up to speed of what gun ownership means and what the 2nd amendment means. Those people need education plain and simple. It should be your civic duty as an American to ensure the continuation of this sacred law and tradition and educate who ever you can on what all that means.

People that vote outter party exist...It always has. People change their mind on who they vote for all the time. What a politician wants isnt always exactly what the person that votes for them wants. There is a lot more to voting than just "gun rights" am I saying that Joe Biden is the answer to those questions that will "Restore America"? No, but you're telling me someone who voted for Joe Biden should become a victim of a violent crime and their family shouldn't have the RIGHT to protect themselves? Thats kind of messed up.
Of course not! They have every right everyone else does even if they are so stupid they vote to eliminate them.
I would no more help a liberal exercise their gun rights than I would carry them to the polls on election day. Why would I want to shoot myself in the foot?

Back
Top Bottom