• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I can afford the PS90, just can’t afford the fun part of it (ammo) long-term.

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
.......and now I am being patient to get my modified bolt, charging handle and trigger assembly to put together a little more economical version using a donor 10/22. Depending on how it feels, I might end up paying the tax stamp to SBR and another to add a real suppressor. I guess doing all that I could afford some 5.7 ammo but in the long run, I’ll get a lot more range time with this clone using .22lr.
A3521D5A-E4AC-4D43-887C-B0C80028F1A0.jpeg

Details man..give us the details!
High Tower Armory 90/22 kit. I really like how OD green looks against black. Unfortunately it doesn’t feed like the PS90, instead the top is used as extra ammo storage and does come off. Still uses the 10/22 mags. I have a trued and headspaced target bolt on the way, an extended charging handle and a BX trigger to complete it for now.

I’ll have to wait a little bit but I’ll NFA SBR it and have the barrel threaded and then hopefully shortly thereafter I’ll add a suppressor. Rather than paying .50+ cents a round to play I’ll get at least 10 rounds of .22lr to that 1 of 5.7x28.

I’ll post some pics when it’s all put together.

Here is my 90/22
20200306_114600.jpg

I modified a fake can, to replace the plastic shroud. A ton of fun to shoot. The donor 10/22 was a $150 pawn shop find, it was pretty beat up but functioned well enough. The cosmetic defects are all covered up by the High Tower stock. Easy to convert.

Here is my 90/22View attachment 2639215
I modified a fake can, to replace the plastic shroud. A ton of fun to shoot. The donor 10/22 was a $150 pawn shop find, it was pretty beat up but functioned well enough. The cosmetic defects are all covered up by the High Tower stock. Easy to convert.
Very cool! Can’t wait to get mine all together. Is your barrel threaded or do you mind sharing how you fit it to the shroud?

I bought a threaded adapter, that fits over the front sight mount, and tightens down with 2 set screws. I then used a multi bit to enlarge the opening on the opposite end of the fake can until it was large enough to slip over the adapter, and screwed it into the other end. I used a oxidizing agent to darken the aluminum that was drilled away.

Back
Top Bottom