• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I did a good, clean finishing shot and she gave out the death twitch.

Off topic, but... WTH is up with the girl going down the stairs a few minutes after the first shots were fired? Could she not hear the .223 from upstairs? Sounds like a good time to get the hell out of Dodge.

Off topic, but... WTH is up with the girl going down the stairs a few minutes after the first shots were fired? Could she not hear the .223 from upstairs? Sounds like a good time to get the hell out of Dodge.
she was high on cough syrup and clearly not thinking right.

if a person of reasonable mind would fear for there life you have the right to kill someone (in the state of GA) if they break in all bets are off . if they no longer pose a threat its over. i recently had a flood light go off in my work shop so i grabbed my old 686 and went to check it out before entering i announced that if anyone was there to let me know and come out or i would shoot them. while this put me at some risk i didn't want to kill someone if i didn't have to lucky for me it was nothing but just keep it in mind you don't have to kill just because you have the chance i am all for gun ownership and i carry almost everyday but i dont want to have to use it in the same aspect i have a friend that had someone sneak in his kitchen window and he grabbed his home defense shotgun ran down and shot twice .. it was his daughter sneaking in from a party he shot before he knew who it was thats a big reason i dont own a home defense shotgun it wasn't the guns fault but some people are over zealous and a simple call out to her/ tac light could have saved her life . and yes this guy is nuts and he thought about it he wanted to kill them thats for sure and he enjoyed it.

how does one find out if an intruder is a threat...I mean, Dahmer, Gacey, Bundy & Fisch were all very nice people according to people that knew them. It wasnt until it was too late that the victims found out they were going to be murdered(eaten in some cases). Im only asking because if one/multiple people break into my home, what questions should I ask them to find out why they have broken into my private residence & if they are a threat? Should I bring my whole family out to greet them with open arms? On a side note, should cookies and milk be made available to make the situation more comfortable for the person in my home?

It's actually very basic and rather simple. Use the minimum force required, skip the coup de gras shot. Use deadly force when you or someone else has their life immediately endangered, honestly endangered and be able to articulate that to a jury. Factors are ability and disparity of force.

Shooting a numb nut a football field away with a knife is murder. Shooting a guy attacking with a knife at 15 feet away is not. Shooting an attacking 90 lbs. woman with no weapon and you are a 190 lbs. dude will require a great deal of articulation. Shooting a 190 lb. attacking unarmed guy and you are 90 lbs. woman will not require much debate. Disabling an armed attacker who poses no lethal threat and finishing him off while he is defenseless is murder. Shooting an armed intruder and killing him during the attack is not.

It's real simple; is the person an "honest" threat? If not then no green light to kill. Use the reasonable person scenarios and all should go well in a free state.

I despise thieves but the crime should fit the punishment, no more and no less.

It's actually very basic and rather simple. Use the minimum force required, skip the coup de gras shot. Use deadly force when you or someone else has their life immediately endangered, honestly endangered and be able to articulate that to a jury. Factors are ability and disparity of force.

Shooting a numb nut a football field away with a knife is murder. Shooting a guy attacking with a knife at 15 feet away is not. Shooting an attacking 90 lbs. woman with no weapon and you are a 190 lbs. dude will require a great deal of articulation. Shooting a 190 lb. attacking unarmed guy and you are 90 lbs. woman will not require much debate. Disabling an armed attacker who poses no lethal threat and finishing him off while he is defenseless is murder. Shooting an armed intruder and killing him during the attack is not.

It's real simple; is the person an "honest" threat? If not then no green light to kill. Use the reasonable person scenarios and all should go well in a free state.

THIS!!!

how do you determine if a intruder is armed when it's pitch black. Assuming most people are not tactical ninjas and don't have a flashlight at the ready?

I guess in order to protect ourselves, we have to be sympathetic to the intruder and give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove other wise....hope that doesn't get me or my family slaughtered by the next Manson family

how do you determine if a intruder is armed when it's pitch black. Assuming most people are not tactical ninjas and don't have a flashlight at the ready?

You don't but articulate that sense of not knowing, it's honestly sensible and if you truly thought you were in threat of your life and it seems plausible then you will fare well in a free state. Shoot someone entering your home and while their defenseless/injured (no threat) administer a coup de gras shot and by most civilized interpretations that would qualify as murder.

Back
Top Bottom