• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I did something dumb with my carry gun the other day

BangBang

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
I'm still kicking myself over this and figured I'd share the story with you guys so yall can all have a good laugh.

I carry a Glock 17 IWB in a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. My G17 pulls double duty as my HD weapon when I'm at home. When it's on the nightstand it has a 33-round mag and a rail light. When I get ready to take it with me, the light comes off and the 33-round mag gets replaced with a 17-round mag. It always has a round in the chamber, so I just do a mag swap, put it in the holster and head out.

Well, the other day I must have gotten distracted between removing the 33-rounder and inserting the 17-rounder.

I never noticed the weight difference or anything. I didn't realize it until I got out of the car at the grocery store and reached to pull the bottom of my shirt to make sure it was covering my gun. My pinky went into the grip of the gun where the mag SHOULD'VE been! LMAO! I was carrying a full size 9mm with ONE ROUND of ammo in it!

I guess the moral of the story is to not get so comfortable with your carry gun that you don't pay 100% attention to what you're doing with it at all times.

Well, that and I need to start carrying a back-up mag!

Back
Top Bottom