• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I got a question for you WATCH guys..............

I have been reading a lot of negative reviews for Luminox's repair service out of Rhode Island. Maybe it is the Kimber effect, where all CS in the NE is bad, just because, they are from the NE!

So, I have two Luminox Navy Seal watches. I want to take the watch face out of one, and put it in the other, then reseal for water tightness. Is there anyone here in the area that can do this with confidence, quality work, and warranty?

Luninox is a respected brand with the price that goes along with it. My only issue with them is they're all quartz movement watches. Nothing wrong with that. In fact I'm wearing a Citizen Pro Master quartz/Eco Drive ( solar powered) right now. I guess I just have a limit I'm willing to pay for a quartz watch.

I don't see the point other than a fashion statement, which doesn't seem to be your reason. The smart phone made the watch obsolete unless you're an old codger. It is tactical as **** though so props for that.
Yeah the smartphone is THE go to for most folks as for time telling these days. But consider this, that same smartphone or Apple watch that made the watch obsolete will itself be obsolete in a year or two. And further down the road when that phone or Apple watch won't update anymore the watch will still have SOME value and be doing it's intended job.

I have been reading a lot of negative reviews for Luminox's repair service out of Rhode Island. Maybe it is the Kimber effect, where all CS in the NE is bad, just because, they are from the NE!

So, I have two Luminox Navy Seal watches. I want to take the watch face out of one, and put it in the other, then reseal for water tightness. Is there anyone here in the area that can do this with confidence, quality work, and warranty?
I've worked on my own watches but I'd never be comfortable working on anyone else's. Your best bet would be a watch specialty shop (several in gwinnett in Google maps).

One question though - are you sure that the watch models are similar enough that the swap will work?
- The dial diameter could be different, even 1mm makes a difference.
- The movements may by different meaning that they dial attachment points will be different, the date windows may be positioned incorrectly.

On the other hand, if the movements are the same the swap can be fairly simple if you swap out the internals as one assembly.

Back
Top Bottom