• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I hate the GM engineers that designed this 2012 Yukon Denalli

That has been the norm for decades on most cars.

duct-tape-headlight-repair-flashlight-taped-to-hood.jpg

No need to remove the bumper.

It's not just GM, it is all manufacturers. I needed a starter for my 2010 Honda. The crap I had to pull off the motor to install just a freakin' starter was mind boggling. I miss the days of my working on my old beater '76 Chevy pickup!

You know what car feature I hate? The auto start/stop, it drive me crazy on my Jeep. And you cant permanently disable it without having a warning light on constantly..grrrrrrrr.

You know what car feature I hate? The auto start/stop, it drive me crazy on my Jeep. And you cant permanently disable it without having a warning light on constantly..grrrrrrrr.

I've heard that the hardest thing on an engine is the starting of it. Now they have a feature that makes it have to start 20 times in one drive.

you might think this, but the actually wrench turners hate this too. The longer the job the more they actually have to work the less they actually make. The trick for mechanics is to beat book time, and complicated jobs make that much harder.

I'd be curious to learn what the book time is for replacing the filter and oil pressure sensor on this Denalli? Then to clear the engine codes afterwards,

No effort is made to make current vehicles servive friendly. It is all about making them cheaper to manufacture.

If the designers can save two cents per unit during assembly, they will do it, even if it increases cost of maintenance to the buyer, sometimes a vast increase in cost.

Ever heard of the Ford vehicle where the engine must be pulled to change spark plugs?

I'd be curious to learn what the book time is for replacing the filter and oil pressure sensor on this Denalli? Then to clear the engine codes afterwards,
I dont know that answer. Its crazy on some of those cars. I remember Mitsubishi having an engine that needed the entire top end to come off for spark plugs replacements. This crazyness is on the manufacturer though, not mechanic. Sounds like the denalli is equally crazy.

Back
Top Bottom