• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a problem. I have a deer with a broken leg in my back yard.

Frances you know her, she called me up a few months ago about a rooster that was old and chasing the Gran kids. She asked me to come over an put it down..I said sure, I went without a pistol figured I would just ring its neck...Got in the pen she said it was in the corner..I went over there, damn thing was the biggest I have ever seen...I grabbed him and he kicked my butt for 5 minutes before I won....Yes he drew my blood also..
LOL

Only if you have a written report.

All calls are recorded and filed away, but yes a written report or an officer witnessing would be better. A dispatcher may not be the one to ask advice. LOL

A friend of mine shot a deer last month that had been ran over. He called an officer out there and the officer told him to shoot it if he wanted it. So he did.

Animals can and will adapt and overcome, depending on how mangled the limb is. The problem is whether it can still move fast enough to get away from the yotes in its current condition.
It is flopping but she is getting around. Doesn't look like the skin is broken though.

There is right and then there is legal. The right thing, of course, is to put the animal down, but I don't think it is legal.

Some years ago there was an economically depressed guy who refused to take handouts. He was feeding his family with deer and got himself in trouble for hunting out of season. The government would rather have him on the dole than allow him to feed his family and the same is probably true in your situation. The government would rather the animal suffer than allow a big hearted guy end the misery.

I have my own loads of 223 sub, with my suppressor, is as quite or quieter than a 22 suppressed..I have had several that can attest to this.

That would do the deed, probably just a surpressed 22 rifle would do the trick.
I hate to see animals suffer, but I've saw a many of 3 leg deer over the years that were shot years in the past. Deer have that instinct to survive and a will to live like no other animal!

Back
Top Bottom