• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a problem. I have a deer with a broken leg in my back yard.

If the yotes don't get it and if it doesn't die from some kind of infection it will most likely pull through.

Deer get their power and speed from their hind legs. The front legs only stabilize and give it balance. If it is getting around then it can feed, so maybe it will pull through.

It will survive, leave it alone. Have see and shot several with only use of 3 legs. The injured leg will heal and distort(set) in the position the deer beds. It will look weird ambulating after it heals but a 3 legged deer can run fast.

Frances you know her, she called me up a few months ago about a rooster that was old and chasing the Gran kids. She asked me to come over an put it down..I said sure, I went without a pistol figured I would just ring its neck...Got in the pen she said it was in the corner..I went over there, damn thing was the biggest I have ever seen...I grabbed him and he kicked my butt for 5 minutes before I won....Yes he drew my blood also..
To bad you didn't have someone video you trying to catch the rooster!

The way it went down, anyone filming would have been rolling on the ground..I was fighting for my life!!!

LOL!
My brother had a mean old rooster that would attack everyone coming and going from the house. I hated that chicken. One morning my brother walked out to his deer blind and that rooster followed him, then attacked when my brother wasn't looking. He walked back to the house and grabbed his shotgun. No struggle, no fight, and no more rooster.

Back
Top Bottom