• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just ordered one of these in 45 acp. Anyone have any experience with them?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/719007671/tnw+asr+45+16.25+lu+dk+erth+13

719007671_1.jpg
There are alot better choices but it looks like fun.

P.S. My cousin eventually went back to using his 12 gauge slug shotgun equipped with red dot optic because
--it killed the deer quicker. More "Bang-flop" cases.

-- it was actually faster to bring onto the target & get a steady sight picture & fire.

and

--The shotgun had a longer effective range; he could hit a deer in the vitals out to 80 yards with that gun.

We used to regularly bang a steel gong 6 inch diameter, from 100 yards with that gun (but that was shooting from a bench.)

Looked like it wasn’t a clean kill though….I say you should use a rifle for the fastest kill possible maybe. If not then a more powerful handgun like a magnum or a casull at least .
just my .02
Oh I got everything under the sun for deer hunting up to and including a 338 Lapua Magnum. My Bergara 300 WM is my firearm of choice. I was just curious how well a 45 acp would down a deer.

Oh no, I was wrong. Not the best friend’s uncle, just a cousin. 45 Auto is still underpowered compared to modern center fire rifle and magnum handgun rounds, especially the big bores. I didn’t notice any relevant remarks on tracking distances or DRT percentages. How many did he admit to loosing?
I was just curious about effectiveness in a pinch/survival situation. I have every caliber under the sun to hunt with and I don't like to chase game.

Back
Top Bottom