• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just ordered one of these in 45 acp. Anyone have any experience with them?

I owned one for a while. I had high hopes but unfortunately I was not impressed with it. Heavy, rough machining. Just wasn't what I had hoped for.

I owned one for a while. I had high hopes but unfortunately I was not impressed with it. Heavy, rough machining. Just wasn't what I had hoped for.
/Sigh. Thank you Sir. I'll probably be the same way then. How long ago did you have yours? I hear they've made some changes. But for 700 dollars I probably won't be impressed. I'm a picky person.

Heck, I think HK MP5s look rough. LOL

/Sigh. Thank you Sir. I'll probably be the same way then. How long ago did you have yours? I hear they've made some changes. But for 700 dollars I probably won't be impressed. I'm a picky person.
It was at least a year ago, maybe two. I recall there was a delay on getting them built. Seems like it took 4-6 weeks for delivery. I liked the concept of the gun, just not the outcome. Maybe they have made some improvements since then.

I considered one because I love 45ACP but eventually went with a Sub2000 chambered in that inferior caliber 9mm for about half the cost. Also really dig the folded compactness of the KelTec.
Let us know what you think of it after shooting.

I considered one because I love 45ACP but eventually went with a Sub2000 chambered in that inferior caliber 9mm for about half the cost. Also really dig the folded compactness of the KelTec.
Let us know what you think of it after shooting.
I've got a silenced MKE MP5 SBR beside the bed. I'm the same way about 45 acp. I just want/like them.

Like that WW2 Soldier once said. "They all fall to ball."

Oh I got everything under the sun for deer hunting up to and including a 338 Lapua Magnum. My Bergara 300 WM is my firearm of choice. I was just curious how well a 45 acp would down a deer.
Oh I have no doubt , lol. I figure you probably got stuff I never even thought about having! Lol.
I was just thinking about the quickness of the kill , that’s all .
I bet you have stuff that would vaporize a deer…or anything else for that matter ! :becky:

On the .45acp for hunting subject, I am not too sure how effective it would be unless you were close enough to the game for it to take it out quickly and cleanly. I just think the shorter bbl and the less ballistic values make it an undesirable round for hunting larger game with.
I mean, yeah it will kill….but in some cases how long will it take to kill if you are 100 yds away ? Is that a humane way to hunt ?
I think I would rather have a clean and quick kill….humanely as possible i guess. I look at it too that I don’t have to track that animal as far if the kill is fast and it is DRT, as “they” say. Just my opinion though.
I have and still think hunting with a handgun is a good choice. The round and ballistics is what I am in question of.
It is all upon the actual hunter though, as long as they are within the rules….I guess it doesn’t matter really . :)

I've got a silenced MKE MP5 SBR beside the bed. I'm the same way about 45 acp. I just want/like them.

Like that WW2 Soldier once said. "They all fall to ball."

So I contacted KelTec probably 8-10 years ago inquiring about a 45ACP version (Sub2000 had been out and successful for many years at that time) and they said they had no intentions of ever introducing a 45ACP. When I replied back and asked why they wouldn't give me an actual reason. :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom