• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I love the AK47 and own a few, would I enjoy an SKS?

The SKSs are nice rifles, and tough; they have good steel in them, even if the machining is a little rough. Of course, it's certainly no rougher than the Romanian made AKs.

I wish I had bought a bunch of em' (SKSs) when they were $99 all day long at Rose's department store. :)
I worked at Rose's in South Macon when a Chinese SKS could be had any given Sunday on sale for $89.00. I must have handled and wiped off a hundred Mosin 91/30 models back then. They were $49.00 on sale probably every other weekend. And they all looked like they were dunked in a combination of axle grease and ear wax.
I got my Enfield #4 at Rose's on sale for $69.00. But I had to drive to Griffin to get it. Both Macon stores were sold out same day.

I have owned a bunch of SKS rifles and I really like them. Right now I am down to one, a Sino Soviet that appears to be unfired.

Has anyone found a reliable scope mount system for the SKS? Those dust-cover mounts don't look too sturdy.
Unless you can find something screw mount or bolt-down.
Not something that replaces the rear sight mount - that's too far forward for me.

Has anyone found a reliable scope mount system for the SKS? Those dust-cover mounts don't look too sturdy.
Unless you can find something screw mount or bolt-down.
Not something that replaces the rear sight mount - that's too far forward for me.
I've got one of the SKS dust/bolt-carrier covers with the scope rings on it. It fits my SKSs pretty tight, but I've never actually mounted a scope on it or used it.

I've seen some SKSs with holes drilled and threaded, or just drilled into the receiver. I personally would not drill holes in the receiver on one of my SKSs though.

I've also seen some kind of optics rail on the left side on an SKS; don't think I like that either.

The iron sites are pretty accurate at close ranges...

Back
Top Bottom