• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I love the AK47 and own a few, would I enjoy an SKS?

I shot one a couple of weeks ago for the first time. It was good , enjoyable belongs to a buddies son.
Id buy if cheap. Rugged old guns.

Different for sure from AK. DOnt overlook the VZ 58 (2008) same round but completely different from AK

Get a Norinco that takes AK mags.
Beat me to it. But yeah get either the D or M model. I can never remember which is which but they both use AK mags and are paratrooper length. But one has a hideous thumb hole stock. Aside from those two I'd advise finding a regular paratrooper model. They're shorter and a little lighter. Just a quicker handling rifle.
Nothing in the world wrong with the original SKS for what it is.But it's a whole different rifle from AKs. But whatever you do when/if you find an SKS do NOT try to turn it into something it's not and was never meant to be. The more Tapco plastic crap you bolt onto an SKS the worse it looks Just leave it wood and steel. Spend that other money on ammo.

Hard to find a better semi-auto centerfire rifle for the price point than an SKS. They're a ton of fun even though they aren't as tactical as an AK.

recoil spring direction.jpg

It's a no brainer, of course you would enjoy an SKS. I prefer the factory 10 round mags. There's just something satisfying about feeding it 10 round stripper clips from the top.
hey
I love my russian sks better than an AK
Get an SKS. You'll like it.

Use stripper clips to load it. Easy and fast.
any idea where to find the good quality stripper clips ? found some online but didn't seem to have good reviews..

hey

any idea where to find the good quality stripper clips ? found some online but didn't seem to have good reviews..
Ebay. I ordered some from a guy in Russia. He had them in the mail within an hr of my payment. Very trustworthy if you find the same guy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom