I need to vent about an outdoor company

Should I be pissed off?

• Total voters

Zeeman

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
20   0
Reaction score
I'm pretty mad and there's nothing I can do about it! On January 4th, I ordered some Walker's ear protection directly from the Walker's website. I got a confirmation that my order had been received on that same day. The email said I should be looking for an email telling me when my item has shipped.

Well, it's been 6 days (including weekend) and I've not heard a word. I called Walker's customer service and got a person who said she worked for GSM Outdoors. Evidently the owner of Walker's. She said my order has not been shipped and that the warehouse has been closed until yesterday. NOT GOOD. There was no indication that my order would not even have a chance of being shipped until yesterday when I placed my order. NOT GOOD BUSINESS. She could not tell me when my order would be shipped, or even give an estimate. NOT GOOD AGAIN.

While I'm at it, I'll complain about two more things. When I entered my order number into Walker's shipping checker, it just sat there and spun around and around. When I left off the two letters at the beginning of my order number, it quit spinning and said my order had not been shipped.

I emailed them a day or so ago, but have gotten no reply in return except a bunch of advertising.

Be warned. To me this is not a good way to run a business. That's all.

Unfortunately customer service is not what it once was and I’ve learned to not let things like this piss me off or get my blood pressure up because in the whole scheme of things it really isn’t a big deal. Don’t have a stroke while trying to save your hearing.

Tried to listen to this complaint but due to wearing my Peltor ear pro i was unable to hear it.
Ok Mr. Moneybags.

Lol but in all seriousness, I ordered from Amazon and my walkers showed up same day. Try ordering something trivial from PSA if you want to learn about long fulfillment times.

If you want the fastest shipping that is typically Amazon. Amazon has got good, when you order from non amazon sites especially Ebay its not uncommon to see 2-4 days to ship the item.

Amazon shows the walkers in stock and if I order now it would be here Friday........(hard to beat that turn around time if shipping speed and delivery is priority. Also returns on amazon seem to be easier than most companies. If you have the CC you save an additional 5%. )

I hope you get your order soon.

Back
Top Bottom