• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need...

I am all for advice but part of the fun of building an AR is researching the things you want that fit your exact use case. You should be able to say, "I chose this because...." for nearly every part on the gun, not because someone told you to. You will then end up with a weapon system that is perfectly tailored for Tyler and not anyone else.
Best advice here . What works for me might not work for you . Trial and error is always helpful

I wasn't going to post in this thread...it had already jumped the tracks when I saw it, but like the OP I ordered one of the SIG M400 uppers because they were on sale so I feel I have a valid opinion on his original post.
I received mine today and took a quick look at it. It seems solid and although I was skeptical of the UTG Pro rail it seems well made.

I am not going to build a new lower to pin this upper to since it won't be a go-to rifle. I have an extra BCM blem lower that I know is put together correctly using quality parts. It has their PNT trigger group that works for me. I have an extra Magpul ACS-L stock I'll put on the lower.

I have an extra BCM BCG but may order something else to keep that one as a backup.

I have a couple of extra mil-spec vanilla charging handles so I'll use one of those.

I have a Colt carry handle that will work as the rear sight and a Troy fixed sight to go up front. That will do unless I decide to throw an RDS or scope on it someday.

I have a Magpul MS2 sling somewhere and a Surefire 6PX Pro light I can put on the rail.

Nothing fancy but it should still be a decent carbine that I can loan out to new shooters that I know will be reliable but won't worry about the finish getting a scratch on it.

Nothing titanium. Nothing shiny. Just good solid stuff.

Back
Top Bottom