• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I never thought I'd see the day.....

lol, and yet somehow people keep buying them. i will give you a hint, its not the law abiding gun owner that is buying "deals" that are found here on ODT. the law abiding citizen will do just what was mentioned in the OP... buy where he can get it the cheapest, transfer on 4473 or not. This is why i will NEVER sell another firearm here on ODT ever, for any reason without a 4473. too many scumbags out there these days, and i am well aware of more than a few here on the ODT.

We don't have that issue in VA. The only time you don't have to transfer through a FFL is when you sell or gift a firearm to a immediate family member. Any other time must be transfered through a FFL. That keeps the riff raff at bay. I also believe there is a handgun limit per month but none on long guns. VA doesn't play with firearms and loop holes. Binary triggers are outlawed along with any other trigger activators. If every state required FFL transfer on private gun sales it would make it much harder for criminals to obtain weapons. A lot of states are way to lax on that and it makes it so easy for felons to aquire handguns or any gun for that matter. I would think that all law abiding citizens would support mandatory FFL transfers. However now it's much to little to late. There are so many guns out there that have changed hands multiple times it would take 50 years to work that out if ever. I know that that's touchy subject for a lot of folks but it's just a thought. Right now it's just far too easy for criminals to get guns and there's nothing we can do about it.

Pathetic. You need to call the ATF and surrender your firearms.

Pathetic. You need to call the ATF and surrender your firearms.
All I am trying to say is it isn't bad. It's just FFL transfer for private citizens isn't that bad. I lived in GA. For 30 plus years and loved the no hassle sale of firearms. I said any changes would be to little to late. I never said I support the idea I just said it doesn't bother me because it doesn't apply to my situation and it's not as frightening as people would think. I never said YES this should be done. I just think it does make it easy for felons to skirt their ability to purchase firearms. I would love it if we had the same lax laws here. It would open up so many more opportunities for me to make a dime. I believe all I said that was definite is " it not as bad as one might think ". I never once said it should be like this everywhere. I know I never said that. You are reading into the post much more than I was just commenting on. I did say here in VA we didn't have to worry about the possibility of felons buying firearms in a open market situation. If you think felons aren't buying guns in person to person sales you are lying to yourselves and never once did I say it SHOULD be changed. If you took that out of the post you extracted your political statement out of a harmless post. I also made the statement that we didn't have to worry about getting shot in a private sale because the law doesn't allow it. If you are selling a firearm all you have to do is meet at a local FFL and make the transfer and I have friends with gun shops that would hook me up anyway that's why I stated it doesn't apply to my situation. I can see where it would interfere with flipping and sales opportunities like that. GIVE IT A REST!

I am a 100 percent 2 Amendment supporter and believe the Government state or federal should not change one thing and that includes bump-stocks as ugly and ridiculous as they are. PERIOD END OF STATEMENT!

It's not that bad. It may sound threatening but nothing's changed other than just a few laws that don't affect anybody that's abiding by the law. There's no ammo limitations there's no gun limitations. The only thing is is the FFL transfer situation which to me doesn't matter make a difference because I'm not breaking the law. Canada is trying to pass some ridiculous and stupid laws. Way out of line! Georgia is just really unlimited on what you can get by with. And that's why it seems so bad is because anything that's different than what you have now seems threatening. Other than the FFL transfer and binary triggers I still do whatever I want. I've never really wanted a binary trigger because it affects accuracy more than it does anything. Virginia is very much a hunting oriented state. It's always been that way and always will since it has so much natural resource to take advantage of. People around big cities don't think of hunting that way because it's not a lot of area to hunt around. But up here in the mountains there's more property than you could walk in a year or two for for hunting and areas you could probably never get to on foot. Mountain folk simply aren't going to go for ridiculous gun laws it's a part of their culture that's always been and always will be. Unlike Atlanta every household in the mountains has multiple guns and that's a fact. For somebody to tell them to let go of their guns would be futile.
Yeah, for now. That’s how it starts. Then high capacity magazines. “Assault Weapons”. Blah bla blah bla blah. Y’all can just keep y’all’s laws up there. My 2A says I have the right to “keep and bare” my guns as I see fit.

Back
Top Bottom