• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

i promised my wife (man i scrwed up)

This comment will probably piss some off.. I don't mean to upset anyone.
something I have noticed and this doesn't include everyone. Those that are married are miserable. I've seen more people get divorced than anything recently. If there not getting a divorce than they are unhappy. Marriage isn't for everyone.

friends that were married say they won't do it again

I don't know you or your age but I'd bet money that your opinion is different in 5-10 years and the freinds that wouldn't do it again will either be married again or won't be your regular go to friends any longer because of their attitude towards marriage.

100% on marraige isn't for everyone. BUT that's mostly because it requires both people managing their expectations towards their spouse. Society today is selfish and greedy and that cannot be a part of a marrage. Been married for 18 years and together for 23. It's not always perfect and we've had our rough patches but in the end it's worth it if you are willing to work at it.

Im talking about the newer generation. It's way to easy to get divorce. You can have all that and not be married. I can say that my boyfriend and I support each other in everything we do. Then again we are not a typical couple. We do everything together more time than most spend. Marriage and relationships aren't easy but the older generation doesn't throw in the towel.

something I have noticed and this doesn't include everyone. Those that are married are miserable. I've seen more people get divorced than anything recently. If there not getting a divorce than they are unhappy. Marriage isn't for everyone.

Couldn't agree more. I'm in a long term committed relationship and we're happy. Why screw it up by getting married? I've been divorced for 12 years, she's never been married. I respect her and she respects me but I don't need her permission or approval to do anything. It astonishes me when guys say stuff like "my wife won't let me..." etc. (By the way, she's a curvy Asian girl who likes to shoot big boy guns :D ) It seems to me that most people who stay married only do so out of habit or fear of change or for the kids etc. When people brag about them or their parents being married for 50 years I always wonder how many of those years were they legitimately happy to be together? Humans, especially males, are not genetically predisposed to mate for life. Marriage is a man-made concept created when the average human life expectancy was about 30. It is an outdated concept. Now, before I get tarred and feathered, whoever here has been married for a long time and is still happy, then congratulations. You beat the odds. :p

Im talking about the newer generation. It's way to easy to get divorce. You can have all that and not be married. I can say that my boyfriend and I support each other in everything we do. Then again we are not a typical couple. We do everything together more time than most spend. Marriage and relationships aren't easy but the older generation doesn't throw in the towel.

I disagree.. It's strictly based on situational factors. Both of my parents are on their 3rd marriage. I'm 43 and it's just a matter of putting in the work and caring for the other person enough to put in the time.

As far as the "don't have to be married" to be happy statements go I'll just say that while that works for a few most are just staying in that partial committed pairing so it's easier to get out if needed. That sounds like a defeated plan out of the box. No true commitment if you've always got an escape plan. Just my opinion of course.

That whole men are meant to mate with more than one female blah blah blah crap is just stupid. Anyone who that quotes that isn't doing it in front of their girlfriend or what ever you call the perosn you're living with because I'd say that wouldn't sit well with them.

Last edited:
I don't know you or your age but I'd bet money that your opinion is different in 5-10 years and the freinds that wouldn't do it again will either be married again or won't be your regular go to friends any longer because of their attitude towards marriage.

Im older than you may think...I have an amazing man in my life and I don't think my opinion will change. I'm not a conventional female. I feel you can have a strong and lasting relationship and not need to be married. No paper and expensive ring need to validate my commitment or his. Thats the problem that they probably will marry again cause its so dam easy to get a divorce. Oh and I'm not like this cause he won't marry me. If I wanted to it would happen tomorrow. But how much does it change the situation? Better tax break, I could take half his **** if we divorced. We know what we got and marriage will not change that.

Been there done that. She gonna b mad for few days and its gonna cost you dearly. , your gonna have to learn to cook or eat bologna sandwiches for few days..

I think this type of thinking is exactly what is wrong with America today. Women look at prospective partners today and ask themselves if this is the guy they want to pick their kids up on the weekends, not build a life with. For the record, I've been married to the same woman for over forty years and I am far from being miserable.

I am just lucky I guess. Found my wife in 1982 and aside from me messing up a time or two we have been together ever since. She is the best woman I know or ever have known. Still I wonder about those who find themselves in divorce. Like I said lucky I guess.

Back
Top Bottom