• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I remember why I do not use deer processors anymore.

I just edited the post above for the Redlands regulations. They took a week away from regular season for more small game hunters. Opens back up Dec 26-Jan1 for deer.

??? you got me confused now lol

its Buck only right now. those aren't the season dates your pointing out, those are either sex days where you can shoot a buck/doe (or antlered/antlerless). as of now from Dec 1st till the 25th it is Buck only. meaning you can only shoot bucks (antlered) right now.

Chapman's in Woodland. Excellent. Best summer sausage and Salisbury steak.

Best X 10! He makes the best smoked sausage I've ever tasted. Been a while since I took one there but he mixed Boston Butt with his sausage and smoked it all in Pecan wood. Used to not charge extra for gutting a deer either, don't know if that is still the case.

I tried calling them to make sure but they are closed weekends of course lol. I was scrolling through the other ones and I do notice some have the buck only 1-25th on there, but Redlands does not. dangit I hope that's a misprint lol! Doesn't make sense that it would be closed for all the buck only days and only open for hunting on the any sex days.

I tried calling them to make sure but they are closed weekends of course lol. I was scrolling through the other ones and I do notice some have the buck only 1-25th on there, but Redlands does not. dangit I hope that's a misprint lol! Doesn't make sense that it would be closed for all the buck only days and only open for hunting on the any sex days.

I think that's because it's federal land.

There almost all this way I think they keep it for themselves about 20-30 lbs per animal I don't use processor anymore after last year I had the same thing 189lb deer and 100lbs of meet back at $1.50 lb that was a joke . I take legs , back straps and neck . good origins liver and heart .

That would actually be incredibly good yield. You must have got it all sausage and they added extra pork.

Just to give some people an idea, earlier today I picked up my small doe I shot last Sunday. Now admittedly I shouldn't have shot it, but that's what I get for letting so many walk and waiting until the last day of November and 5 or so minutes before the end of legal light...

The doe probably weighed in at about 60lbs (and that might be generous) before I field dressed it, and I got back 27.5 lbs in meat (burger, roast, backstraps, and tenderloin).

Just to give some people an idea, earlier today I picked up my small doe I shot last Sunday. Now admittedly I shouldn't have shot it, but that's what I get for letting so many walk and waiting until the last day of November and 5 or so minutes before the end of legal light...

The doe probably weighed in at about 60lbs (and that might be generous) before I field dressed it, and I got back 27.5 lbs in meat (burger, roast, backstraps, and tenderloin).

Wow! I shot a mature doe and just picked it up yesterday. After I field dressed it, I think it weighed about 100lbs. I wasn't smart enough to ask them to weigh it. I had a milk crate full of meat (most in hamburger). I got back about 30lbs. It was the first deer I've taken in over 20 years so I wasn't sure if I got hosed or not. Sounds like it was about right from reading the thread.

OK that seems unreasonable in the other direction? :confused: (If it was literally a 60# fawn). Did they add fat to the burger and how many packs?

OK that seems unreasonable in the other direction? :confused: (If it was literally a 60# fawn). Did they add fat to the burger and how many packs?

Good point. 5% fat added to the burger. The meat is all in the freezer now, but it was all hamburger except the roast, backstraps, and tenderloin. Still it was north of 20lbs of meat.

Back
Top Bottom