• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I think my puppy is constipated. He's no longer constipated LOL Looks like a horse came in my yard. LOL

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
What's a good way to fix puppy constipation? Between the 4 hour drive and him not wanting to go when I brought him home he seemed to try earlier but couldn't go?

Any help would be appreciated.

Provided we don't get an ice storm today at 5:30 like predicted I'm gonna take him to the vet.

In my experience, nothing beats good ole exercise. Let the pup out and let him run. Sometimes chasing after balls, laser dots (in the dim light is best), playing tug of war with a rope, etc. But generally speaking, a good exercise seems to get things moving with my dogs.

Second, get you some (1/4 cup each in seed form) flax seed and pumpkin seed from your local grocery store. Grind it pretty fine in a good processor or blender. Mix with virgin salmon oil (1/4 cup). Pour a portion over their favorite food and mix in well. This is doggy metamucil. Also great for skin and coat. Feed only 1/4-1/2 table spoon per feeding, feed 3 feedings a day that sum up to the recommended feed amount for the pup. You need to keep this up subsequent days until your blended concoction is used up. Usually about a week. But the first bowel movement should happen the first day.

Last, they make dog laxative per say. I wouldn't recommend them. It's a real shaky limb climbing out on it.

Exercise with fiber and make sure the pup gets water OFTEN

In my experience, nothing beats good ole exercise. Let the pup out and let him run. Sometimes chasing after balls, laser dots (in the dim light is best), playing tug of war with a rope, etc. But generally speaking, a good exercise seems to get things moving with my dogs.

Second, get you some (1/4 cup each in seed form) flax seed and pumpkin seed from your local grocery store. Grind it pretty fine in a good processor or blender. Mix with virgin salmon oil (1/4 cup). Pour a portion over their favorite food and mix in well. This is doggy metamucil. Also great for skin and coat. Feed only 1/4-1/2 table spoon per feeding, feed 3 feedings a day that sum up to the recommended feed amount for the pup. You need to keep this up subsequent days until your blended concoction is used up. Usually about a week. But the first bowel movement should happen the first day.

Last, they make dog laxative per say. I wouldn't recommend them. It's a real shaky limb climbing out on it.

Exercise with fiber and make sure the pup gets water OFTEN
Thank you Sir. :)

Hopefully all’s going to be good, maybe the change is messing with him a little bit
Yeah I've been researching online and it says it happens sometimes with a new environment and stuff. He seems ok right now.

IMG_0417[1].JPG

Good Morning to you! Good looking pup, looks like he is going to be a big one..
His mom and dad are huge and he was the biggest one of the litter. Sweetest dog ever IMHO. Loves to sleep but when you get him in the yard that bloodhound nose goes to work. He's fun to watch. ;)

Back
Top Bottom