• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I typed all of this out then the thread closed before I hit enter. Just wanted to share.

image.jpeg

I hit a BIG buck last year. Hit him square doing 70 on 400.
After the tow truck ride and truck swap I couldn't find him from looking hundreds of yards up and down both sides of the highway. Also, I decided to wait to get out of the truck because I knew he would be in a bad mood.
I don't drive much over 60 now at night.
I almost hit another one in the week old new truck. It was in the next lane over.
Pics in a minute.

You know what. If anyone is interested I'd be more than happy to give a class on bow tuning so you can do it yourself at home.

Ah right on. I was feeling bad there for a second. I didn't want to come off as an arrogant ass. Was just trying to state I had a lot of experience shooting bows but I still choose to stay away from them for deer.

Sorry about the confusion.
This is what needs to be done when we recognize that somebody could use some help. Extend a hand and actually offer to help them.

Sorry about the confusion.
This is what needs to be done when we recognize that somebody could use some help. Extend a hand and actually offer to help them.
No worries brother. I read RDKills OP and I thought it was a little harsh as well. Liberals aren't to polite though. Unless they are talking about HRC or Obama.

I didn't shoot 3D very often, nor did I work in a pro shop but I have learned from some very accomplished archers.
They recognized things that I did wrong (mainly my form) and took the time to help me out. The rest of it took time to learn.
Finding a good range or pro shop and picking these fellas brains will really help.

I didn't shoot 3D very often, nor did I work in a pro shop but I have learned from some very accomplished archers.
They recognized things that I did wrong (mainly my form) and took the time to help me out. The rest of it took time to learn.
Finding a good range or pro shop and picking these fellas brains will really help.
Yep how you hold a bow is key to consistent shooting. Get a strap (so you don't drop the bow) and open your holding hand and let the bow do its thing.

View attachment 912362
I hit a BIG buck last year. Hit him square doing 70 on 400.
After the tow truck ride and truck swap I couldn't find him from looking hundreds of yards up and down both sides of the highway. Also, I decided to wait to get out of the truck because I knew he would be in a bad mood.
I don't drive much over 60 now at night.
I almost hit another one in the week old new truck. It was in the next lane over.
Pics in a minute.
Man, he took the front end of your truck out. Glad that you walked away from that.

Back
Top Bottom