• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to delete or bypass the EVAP system in a 2012 Yukon Denali with a 6.2

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
Sick of this useless EVAP system and want it gone or bypassed. Anyone already done it?

I have been through the entire system and replaced all EVAP parts a few months ago and now I'm back to the pump shutting off again. I'm done with this and want it gone, ready to punch holes in the ozone.

Are you in an emissions county? If not ignore the CEL.

I don't know if there is a way to bypass or simulate the sensors in the evap system. They have gotten so complicated on the newer cars. Tank pressure sensors, solenoids, purge valves, charcoal canisters, and even the stupid caps can throw a light for EVAP.

guess not
On a 2012 it will be difficult to completely disable the system given all of the dependent sensors and systems. Anything you do will likely require a custom tune, so more of a headache and expense than it's worth. In addition, if you deleted the entire system your car will smell like gasoline fumes in away that you can only experience in a car from the 1960s.

On a 2012 it will be difficult to completely disable the system given all of the dependent sensors and systems. Anything you do will likely require a custom tune, so more of a headache and expense than it's worth. In addition, if you deleted the entire system your car will smell like gasoline fumes in away that you can only experience in a car from the 1960s.
Have you run a smoke machine on it?
A made a smoke machine will help identify a leak. I made one from a one gallon paint can, a bunch of parts and I used incense for the smoke. I have had to chase leaks before. It’s easy with the right tools.

The only other thing to do if you REALLY want to delete it is to wire it up to provide the expected voltage expected by the ECU.

After doing this a couple times. I’d be willing to bet that your problem is fixable with the help of a smoke machine. The second time I found a leak, it was obvious that the problem related to some work I paid to have done. They crushed the tube when they did other work and aside from the smoke you wouldn’t guess it was the problem.

What is the specific issue ? I assume your getting a check engine light and maybe PO449 ?
No lights or codes. Just difficulty filling up the tank because the fill pump at the gas station is shutting off every few seconds. I replaced the entire EVAP system with new parts a couple months ago due to this issue and now its back again. No requirement to smog where I live so I want to bypass or remove it all.

I've had hot rods that do not have EVAP systems and they run just fine. In fact I've got one now with a SBC 355 and no EVAP system.

Back in the early 80's in CA I owned a Chevelle that had a smog pump and smog inlet tubing to the engine block. After passing smog test for the year I removed the belt for the pump and plugged the tubes until the next year.

Back
Top Bottom