• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I won't be back.

A lot of these gun stores will be "licking their wounds and howling" for customers when the "panic period" is over. Forums like this really reveal the good, the bad, and the ugly. Most of what I have heard about AO is ugly. I hope the management and owners are reading these forums and figuring out how to prevent the ugly. This was an absolutely, unacceptable response to a paying customer. Where has all the common, basic business sense gone?

Their Used gun selection and police trade-ins always keep my interest. I cannot stand the fact that you cannot field strip a gun before you buy it though. I do anyway but you can't.

It's worth walking into a shop where everyone knows you by your first name. Then the owner asks you how the last gun purchased is doing.. I like to feel important when I spend my hard earned $ however little it may be.. I'm not a fan of assembly line business
I agree. When I go into stores I'm unfamiliar with and I go to the counter looking and there are staff members just standing around and never bother to help me (like my experiences at AO), I make sure I never return. I'm not begging anyone to let me spend my money with them. I'll find it on here or in one of my regular stores.

I just like them because of a typical phone conversation with them, it goes:

Hi do you have (whatever) in stock?
AO: Why yes assloads of them.
Ah, very good, how much are they?
AO: Cheap as all ****
Thats a great price, certainly cheaper than I can buy a used (whatever) for online. Do you have any used ones?
AO: Why, we have ****ing crates of them ****s fo even ****ing cheaper than the ****ing new ones!
WOW, Im on my way

- - - Updated - - -

I dont shop there I just go there when I know what I want and they have it

Went in there a few years ago with a buddy to buy a couple cz452s. They had 3 or 4 in stock. Asked the guy behind the counter if we could see all of them to pick out the nicest stocks. (we were 2 of 5 people in the store). He said "naw man I aint gonna go back there and bring those guns up here". That did it for me. We walked out never to return again.

Their Used gun selection and police trade-ins always keep my interest. I cannot stand the fact that you cannot field strip a gun before you buy it though. I do anyway but you can't.

There is one salesman there who used to work for Glock and he let me field strip a dozen before the supervisor put an end to it. Luckily I found the one I was going to buy before the hammer came down.

Back
Top Bottom