Ideas for "General Purpose Rifle" for Semi-rural Living

ruger mini-30 7.62x39 you can use just the 5rd mags for hunting deer or whatever and when things get sticky you will have your 20rd and 30rd mags ready....best all around rifle made to date for me

ruger mini-30 7.62x39 you can get use just the 5rd mags for hunting deer or whatever and when things get sticky you will have your 20rd and 30rd mags ready....best all around rifle made to date for me

How is the accuracy on the new ones? I've read about having to modify them with rods to stiffen the barrel and such.

mine has been very very accuracy i got it sighted in a 100 yards....with just a simmons 8 point 3x9x40 scope and ever time i get it out to shoot i'm busting coke cans at 100 yards + thats good enough for me for a ''do it all'' gun i'm very happy with mine

You want opinions or just validation for the choice you already made?

Everybody thinks what they chose is the right answer, including you. I didn't read any responses, cause the AR guys will say AR, AK will AK, M1 will M1, and lever gun guys will say lever gun.

If M1A's and AR-10's are too expensive, how about a Remington 7400 (semi auto)
Or Remington 7600 (pump)?

You can get 10-round magazines for them.
They come in all the popular big game calibers.
A .308 would be my choice.

If you want more accuracy, but don't want a gun that costs $1000 plus more for optics, go with a bolt action "scout" type rifle with a 1.5X - 6X scope.

Back
Top Bottom