• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

if only 1? (xds 45 or shield 9). which and why?

That choice was pretty much what I had narrowed it down to for my last purchase. The XD-s just didn't feel quite as right in my hand as the Shield. The grips on the xds was like holding onto course sandpaper. After putting several rounds through it, I thought that rough texture on the xds, and the harsh recoil on a 45 that small, would make me not want to take it to the range very often. I looked into stick on grips for it, but it just seemed like too much trouble to go through, when the Shield 9mm felt so much better. I had read too many negative reviews on the Shield 40, so wanted to stay away from that. I wound up with the Shield 9mm, and like it very much.

That choice was pretty much what I had narrowed it down to for my last purchase. The XD-s just didn't feel quite as right in my hand as the Shield. The grips on the xds was like holding onto course sandpaper. After putting several rounds through it, I thought that rough texture on the xds, and the harsh recoil on a 45 that small, would make me not want to take it to the range very often. I looked into stick on grips for it, but it just seemed like too much trouble to go through, when the Shield 9mm felt so much better. I had read too many negative reviews on the Shield 40, so wanted to stay away from that. I wound up with the Shield 9mm, and like it very much.
Felt/perceived recoil varies for each individual. The xds 45 shoots very comfy for me. I actually have an xds and a shield but thinking about getting rid of one but cant decide haha. both of em are sweet. i have upgraded both with sights, triggers, etc. i have multiple mags for both and cooks holsters. both are great carry package. perhaps i will hang on to both...idunno.

I used to own both and I preferred the XDs over the Shield. The XDs really doesn't have as much recoil as you would think for a gun that size. The recoil on the shield was more snappy, and the XDs was more of a push(both typical of the caliber)...I'm curious as to how the XDs 4.0 shoots. I wish they would release the 4.0 in .45 instead of just 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom