• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
You know what's cool?

I can pay my GA Power bill with a cc. Shhh, don't tell anyone but they don't add an additional amount. I guess it's already baked into the cost. And as far as I know they don't offer a discount to have auto-draft out of your checking account.

Either way, I'll take it.

It's life's /little/ victories, ya know?
You’re right they don’t and also Cherokee Power in Centre Al where my power comes from even it’s supplied to them from Alabama Power don’t charge either. The wife even pays the credit cards by phone “No Charge there either. And that’s a convenience too. Imagine that.

You know what's cool?

I can pay my GA Power bill with a cc. Shhh, don't tell anyone but they don't add an additional amount. I guess it's already baked into the cost. And as far as I know they don't offer a discount to have auto-draft out of your checking account.

Either way, I'll take it.

It's life's /little/ victories, ya know?
For the longest time, Jackson EMC would charge me $4 to pay my bill online so they got a check every month by snail mail. Now that they have it for free I just have the ACH my bank account.

The thing is, I put in all my ads that price is for cash and there will be a 3% fee if you choose to use a credit card. That way there are no surpises. As for being convenient for me, no. It takes longer to get my money and I am going to the bank anyway so not saving me any trips. What I was trying to get across to the person who began all this is that you are paying the fees whether you realize it or not. At least the way I do it you have the option of using cash and opting out of paying those fees. When you shop at Academy Sports, Wal Mart, every large store has rolled those fees into the price so you are paying them even if you don't use credit. Which way seems more fair and more honest? Nobody likes to pay fees. I don't like paying taxes either but they are a fact of life.

I am not disputing anything you are saying... I meant in more general terms... we all get used to things working a certain way, so when something is different it immediately stands out to most folks...

I am not disputing anything you are saying... I meant in more general terms... we all get used to things working a certain way, so when something is different it immediately stands out to most folks...
a lot of gun stores do it this way. like Dahlonega gold and pawn. they offer a cash and a credit price. they don't bake it in. Bullseye used to offer to split sales tax with you for a cash transaction...3%...IE the processing fee.

they no longer offer that...so I pay with my cash back card and get the points. I usually pay with cash IF there is a difference. usually 3%.

CTS Tactical CTS Tactical is very up front and transparent. Pretty sure I bought a JR 9mm carbine from him before I was ever on ODT...just remembered that.

why is gas 1 price for cash and another for credit?
Just like with the power company, it depends on who you deal with. Electrical Co-ops like Walton or Jackson EMC tend not to charge the convenience charge while GA Power does. I buy gas from the grocery store (Ingles) and there is no added fee but right across the street at the convenience store, there is a 10 cent per gallon discount for cash.

Back
Top Bottom