• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Easy there Nellie Belle this boomer isn't scared of new tech. I pay my bills online, use a credit card, even recently got a cash app that was recommended by another boomer. I still use cash from time to time especially when a discount is applied.
Boomer can be used for people who aren't even boomers. I guess a more appropriate term would be "old soul." My sister is 5 years younger than me and is more allergic to technology than some geriatrics. She can't even bother to check her emails.

Boomer can be used for people who aren't even boomers. I guess a more appropriate term would be "old soul." My sister is 5 years younger than me and is more allergic to technology than some geriatrics. She can't even bother to check her emails.
If you're under 40, everyone older than you is a boomer. If you're over 40, everyone younger than you is a millennial. Them's the rules. :lol:

If you're under 40, everyone older than you is a boomer. If you're over 40, everyone younger than you is a millennial. Them's the rules. :lol:
What if you're exactly 40? Growing up they called us Genx, never even heard the term millennial when I was a teen or young adult.

What if you're exactly 40? Growing up they called us Genx, never even heard the term millennial when I was a teen or young adult.

There are only two major generations. Third party generations are just a waste because they have no chance at winning. Face it, we've always had a 2-generation system.

Even restaurants.
Gas stations call it a surcharge.
It's all about the Government letting them do it too. Just another hidden tax than they can get away with, it's the truth like it or not.
No, thats not it at all. When you see those places tell you there is a fee for credit, they almost assuredly offer a better price for cash.

When I had my tire store, I would barter down to a cost that was low, and I only made a few % on the sale. Only to be handed a card that charged 3-5%, how exactly can I continue to operate that way?
I was charging to use a card in the 90s

No, thats not it at all. When you see those places tell you there is a fee for credit, they almost assuredly offer a better price for cash.

When I had my tire store, I would barter down to a cost that was low, and I only made a few % on the sale. Only to be handed a card that charged 3-5%, how exactly can I continue to operate that way?
I was charging to use a card in the 90s
In the 1990’s it was illegal to charge. All I’m saying is yes they can legally charge for using credit cards and it is imposed by either the owner sometime or the card service that is being used by the merchant and it keeps the cost down for the owner thru the customer. Credit card charges are not deductible for the customers but in fact businesses can write off those charges on them. That’s the law.

The practice of surcharging was outlawed for several decades until 2013 when a class action lawsuit permitted merchants in several U.S. states to implement surcharges in their businesses. This lawsuit sparked a chain reaction in the following years as more states adopted a pro-surcharging stance.Mar 1, 2023

I mean, it is called a convenience fee and using a card is very convenient. Besides, a good card plan often has a point system that you can use for cash back or paying your card.

Baby boomers are the eldest, born between the years 1946 and 1964. Generation X follows, and they were born between 1965 and 1980. Next comes Generation Y (more commonly known as Millennials), born between roughly 1981 and 1994. The youngest generation in today's workforce is Gen Z, who were born between 1995 and 2009.

I mean, it is called a convenience fee and using a card is very convenient. Besides, a good card plan often has a point system that you can use for cash back or paying your card.
You're exactly right, but not the point. Everybody has pet peeves, this is mine, I own it, I hate them and quite honestly every person on this site has them. It's my business to have it but for some reason a lot of people get in other people businesses. I choose to to pay those fees, now is everybody ok with me not liking them and not paying them and most of all is it ok with all of you for me to bitch about? I mean my God you guys bitch about everything ya'll want too. You know I think I'm old enough to have that right. Fair enough?

Back
Top Bottom