• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Baby boomers are the eldest, born between the years 1946 and 1964. Generation X follows, and they were born between 1965 and 1980. Next comes Generation Y (more commonly known as Millennials), born between roughly 1981 and 1994. The youngest generation in today's workforce is Gen Z, who were born between 1995 and 2009.
Yep, that's what the internet says now, that being born in 83 makes me a millennial, but when I was in highschool all the adults called us Gen X. I don't even remember hearing the term millennial till long after highschool and it was always referring to people 10 years younger than me.

You're exactly right, but not the point. Everybody has pet peeves, this is mine, I own it, I hate them and quite honestly every person on this site has them. It's my business to have it but for some reason a lot of people get in other people businesses. I choose to to pay those fees, now is everybody ok with me not liking them and not paying them and most of all is it ok with all of you for me to bitch about? I mean my God you guys bitch about everything ya'll want too. You know I think I'm old enough to have that right. Fair enough?
Oh, I got you. I don't like paying extra for anything either. Taxes, insurance, fees... lol

Yep, that's what the internet says now, that being born in 83 makes me a millennial, but when I was in highschool all the adults called us Gen X. I don't even remember hearing the term millennial till long after highschool and it was always referring to people 10 years younger than me.
It changes over time, gets redefined. Baby boomer generation used to be defined as those born up to 10 years after the end of WWII ('46-'56) which was a group I didn't fit into. Now it is considered 46-64. It was named that because with all the returning GIs who fought in WWII, there were a lot of babys being produced. My Dad was a little too young and didn't fight in WWII. In fact he didn't get married til 1954 but all of his children (my generation) are considered baby boomers.

I just figured out what happened. The guy who started all of this by whining about paying credit card fees (which everyone does if they use a card whether they realize it or not) has apparently put me on ignore. That is why it looks like I have been arguing with myself. The art of having a civil conversation is lost on some. Instead of listening and trying to understand what someone is saying, throw a tantrum, call them names and put them on ignore. Nice.

You're exactly right, but not the point. Everybody has pet peeves, this is mine, I own it, I hate them and quite honestly every person on this site has them. It's my business to have it but for some reason a lot of people get in other people businesses. I choose to to pay those fees, now is everybody ok with me not liking them and not paying them and most of all is it ok with all of you for me to bitch about? I mean my God you guys bitch about everything ya'll want too. You know I think I'm old enough to have that right. Fair enough?
Little early for drunk posting… LOL

It has absolutely nothing to do with Wells Fargo. It has to do with what ever processor the retailer uses. Wells Fargo is just the bank that you owe the money too when it is all said and done. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.
What you say all makes sense. I think that this is simply a matter of perception... like you pointed out, the fees are buried in the cost of everything we buy at most stores...

So when someone puts a $100 price tag on something and you get charged $103, people notice that and question it, because its by far the exception rather than the norm...

The convenience aspect works both ways... If the money deposits electronically into your account, that saves you the time of having to make a trip to the bank with a wad of cash, fill out deposit slips, etc...

What you say all makes sense. I think that this is simply a matter of perception... like you pointed out, the fees are buried in the cost of everything we buy at most stores...

So when someone puts a $100 price tag on something and you get charged $103, people notice that and question it, because its by far the exception rather than the norm...

The convenience aspect works both ways... If the money deposits electronically into your account, that saves you the time of having to make a trip to the bank with a wad of cash, fill out deposit slips, etc...
The thing is, I put in all my ads that price is for cash and there will be a 3% fee if you choose to use a credit card. That way there are no surpises. As for being convenient for me, no. It takes longer to get my money and I am going to the bank anyway so not saving me any trips. What I was trying to get across to the person who began all this is that you are paying the fees whether you realize it or not. At least the way I do it you have the option of using cash and opting out of paying those fees. When you shop at Academy Sports, Wal Mart, every large store has rolled those fees into the price so you are paying them even if you don't use credit. Which way seems more fair and more honest? Nobody likes to pay fees. I don't like paying taxes either but they are a fact of life.

You know what's cool?

I can pay my GA Power bill with a cc. Shhh, don't tell anyone but they don't add an additional amount. I guess it's already baked into the cost. And as far as I know they don't offer a discount to have auto-draft out of your checking account.

Either way, I'll take it.

It's life's /little/ victories, ya know?

Back
Top Bottom