• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
A check???
Ingles in stockbridge. The girl said she had never taken a check and had to get assistance on how to process. Publix in stockbridge , same thing. (guy cashier/excusable ,said he was new). Kinda off thread but I gave a bartender a handfull of 2 dollar bills and she called the manager over because she had never seen them and thought it was funny money.

Old boomers think new tech is scary. Outside of ODT, I rarely use cash for anything besides tipping. Cashapp is so easy to use and convenient. So are credit cards if you're responsible and fudds even then thought they were the mark of the beast when they came out in the 50's/60's.

Old boomers think new tech is scary. Outside of ODT, I rarely use cash for anything besides tipping. Cashapp is so easy to use and convenient. So are credit cards if you're responsible and fudds even then thought they were the mark of the beast when they came out in the 50's/60's.
they are a beast.... if not responsible lol.

I dropped PayPal a couple years....go WOKE....go BROKE....I try as hard as I can to do business, with like minded folks....I go out of my way to do that....it's not always possible, however I do make a big effort at it...there is a site called "Privacy"....you can set up an account that draws from your bank....you can have many different "cards" with their own separate numbers, that work just like credit cards....you can set these cards to have a maximum monthly limit, you can do almost anything you want with them, also you can set up one time "burner" cards, that after one use, they are no good anymore....it's great for stuff like L A Fitness...or any place your not sure you want to continue....I use it all the time to buy stuff on the inner web. Any place that wants to "automatically" renew you, gets a one time burner card from me...

I don't get why people still use checks either when faster, easier, more reliable methods are available. Debit cards aren't very good either. Someone steals that thing you're out your money for a while vs using a credit card where fraud gets taken care of immediately and you're not out your own money.

One reason checks are still useful is that they don't incur any processing fees. For example, at Adventure Outdoors you get the 'cash' discount if you use a check.

I haven't tried a check at the grocery store in decades though. I do the self checkout mainly so it wouldn't be an option.

Well, you guys say cash is king but I did a deal with the guy for all cash, but every bill had red dye all over it that made me suspicious. I try to use Palmattomoon money every chance I get.
IMG_1340.jpeg

I get tired of us as buyers having to pay all sorts of fees to use credit cards, the government order step in and say you as a business want business then you have to pay all fees applicable with the sale. Think about it 3.5% to use it, 18 to 20% tips and then 7% tax. That’s bull and the companies need to pay for that.

Back
Top Bottom