• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
I will never understand that line of thinking. A credit card is an option that you choose for your convenience. The card processor charges me a 3$ fee. You feel like I should have to pay that fee for your convenience, when I would be just as happy with a cash or check? CC payment is your choice. If you want to use it you go into it knowing that there is a fee. Just like when I use mine at another business.
My credit card me charges a fee?, never has, I pay with credit as a way you businesses is guaranteed your money. You don’t have to wait for a check to clear and believe or not some places won’t take cash. It’s the charges you businesses charge that we should not have to pay to run your business and I don’t care how you feel. Now if you would knock of percentages as some do for cash but most don’t. And that sir is the way it was since I’ve been growing up all my years. I owe nobody one red cent. Just in the last few years maybe 10 has this started, as it want like that in times past. What the bank charges you is your luxury of being in sales and selling to make your living. My opinion is my opinion and can care less what you think. He doesn’t change anything and I pay no banking fees whatsoever, they use my money I guess is good enough as my credit and standings are very good.

My credit card me a fee, never has, I pay with credit as a way you businesses is guaranteed your money. You don’t have to wait for a check to clear and believe or not some places won’t take cash. It’s the charges you businesses charge that we should not have to pay to run your business and I don’t care how you feel. Now if you would knock of percentages as some do for cash but most don’t. And that sir is the way it was since I’ve been growing up all my years. I owe nobody one red cent. Just in the last few years maybe 10 has this started, as it want like that in times past. What the bank charges you is your luxury of being in sales and selling to make your living. My opinion is my opinion and can care less what you think. He doesn’t change anything and I pay no banking fees whatsoever, they use my money I guess is good enough as my credit and standings are very good.
Very confusing post but I do not charge any fees. The card company charges you 3%. Period. I have nothing to do with any of it. If I put in a charge of $500, the card company will charge you $515.00. I do not see a penny of that. In a day or two, they will deposit $500 in my business account. The only reason I have credit card processing is for your convenience. I do not feel I should be penalized for your convenience. I already sell cheaper than most. If you don't want to pay the fee, use cash or check, or an app like cashapp, venmo etc. I get no benefit from using a card over cash. If I get cash, I have money in hand. If I use a card, it takes a day or two. Not to mention the cost of the terminal I have already incurred, the cost of the printer paper and for many processing companies, a monthly fee. How much should I have to be penalized for your convenience?

So your bank charges you zero to handle a transaction that your customer uses a credit card in your business?
That's what you are saying, correct?

My bank has nothing to do with it. I do not process cards through my bank. It is an independent card processing company. The only fees are what they charge you if you use a card at my place of business. I charge nothing.

Again, I do not add any fees. I don't know how to be any clearer. I have a card terminal that I punch in the amount then either slide or insert the card. The company who does the processing adds 3% to the charge. I do not see that and I have no control over it. Not sure what any of this has to do with the topic of the post to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom