• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If you are thinking of going to Adventure Outdoors, Dont

They wont let you touch anything and have a 6ft barrier around all the gun counters. Wouldn't even let me hold a knife. I told they guy I dont buy a coke without feeling it to make sure its cold. Just a heads up. And no, I didn't plan a trip and go, I was a passing through.

I wandered in there the other day and found a great deal on some old and dusty speed loaders they had on clearance. I dont see how they ever sell a used ling gun. Cant see a damn thing way back behind that counter, and they dont seem to have any way to tell you what they got anyhow. A used gun list on their web site might get me back in there. But im not going to bring binoculars just so I can eyeball the inventory.

They wont let you touch anything and have a 6ft barrier around all the gun counters. Wouldn't even let me hold a knife. I told they guy I dont buy a coke without feeling it to make sure its cold. Just a heads up. And no, I didn't plan a trip and go, I was a passing through.
Never been there and now for sure won't be there.

I wandered in there the other day and found a great deal on some old and dusty speed loaders they had on clearance. I dont see how they ever sell a used ling gun. Cant see a damn thing way back behind that counter, and they dont seem to have any way to tell you what they got anyhow. A used gun list on their web site might get me back in there. But im not going to bring binoculars just so I can eyeball the inventory.

They have 75 percent off on a wall of holsters, all odd ball stuff but there were a few Safari Land for sigs. I think I saw an SP1 Colt, but I couldnt be positive and didnt want to wait around to not get to look at it. I hang over the counter when looking at the rifles. Never found a deal but they have about anything a fella would want to fondle.

Never been there and now for sure won't be there.

Its a good place to fondle and look, they have about everything. Occasionally you can get a deal on something. I bought my first nighthawk from them. You really have to sneak up on it though. Some of they guys know a little something, too. I like to drool over the knives. I'm a blade freak and the have plenty to peruse.

What BigMike BigMike said. Was looking for a HK45C the other day and they just so happened to have one. Like BigMike said ...counter blocked off with caution tape. Asked the guy to see the pistol and he just held it up and wouldn't hand it over for me to hold. Said that was there new rules! I would have bought the pistol for the price they had it marked but when I couldn't hold it and check it out I said F'em and walked out. They lost a $725.00 sale for having f'ed up rules. Just drove on up to Country Folks in Cumming and they had one, I held it, I played with it, I dry fired it and I PAID FOR IT and took it home. Last time I'll visit AO...

Went there yesterday myself (3 hour drive, although that was not the sole purpose for the trip, I was looking forward to shopping there) and that was my experience as well. You can look from 6 feet away but not touch. Unreal.

That's sad news. I liked going there because they'd let you handle anything they had just by asking. At least that was my experience. I don't see how they expect people to make a buying decision from 6 feet away.

Back
Top Bottom