• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you collect your brass at the range, do you mark them?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Meaning, before you load up your magazines, do you take a colored marker of some sort and draw a line or other identifying mark on each casing? So when you go hunt for your shells at the range, it is easier to spot? If not, do you do anything else to ID your casings?

I am cannot easily discern differences between ammo casings on the floor with similar sized brass, so that is why I am looking for a good idea.

Just found this. There are a lot of videos, but this homemade contraption looks pretty cool:

I mark my reloads so I can tell the powder charge, as I load to different MV with some calibers, and the ammo tends to get out of the correct box.

A black sharpie will ID hundreds of case heads.

We use a brass catcher, saves time from marking, saves times from searching for our brass, and we don't have to spend time on the concrete fl@@r crawling and hunting for our brass. Besides, Norma, Lupua, and a few other brass manufacturers brass is not not cheap. So we want to keep our $$$$, and Brass...

just a simple suggestion to consider...

Would that not come off when you tumble it? If so that means it would have to be done everytime

Would that not come off when you tumble it? If so that means it would have to be done everytime
I have marked brass to pull or by powder charge when developing loads. Many times after tumbling, there is still marker on there. After a few tumbles it does fade. I would imagine if you used the steel pins in water solution, it would come off with one cleaning.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom