• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IF YOU HAD TO HAVE ONLY ONE FIREARM.

Why does concealed carry go out the window? I'd still want to be as stealthy as possible.
It goes out the window compared to having the ability to hunt and and defend my property and livestock from whether it be four legged predators or two. It’s quite easy to conceal a zpap m92 in backpack while still having the ability to reach out to 300yds effectively. I understand if you live in an apartment building in downtown Atlanta you might not have a need to shoot past 50yds, but the only thing a pistol excels at is concealment, while being only adequate or completely inadequate in all other roles.

04E294B7-5DC0-4141-B61A-FB6CC3F6B4D7.jpeg

Something like this might be a good compromise between concealability and effective range, especially if you have time to deploy the stock (arm brace) and if the gun has a red dot optic attached.

It looks like a 20 rd. mag is in place now,
but you could have a couple 30 round magazines on your belt or otherwise handy.

It goes out the window compared to having the ability to hunt and and defend my property and livestock from whether it be four legged predators or two. It’s quite easy to conceal a zpap m92 in backpack while still having the ability to reach out to 300yds effectively. I understand if you live in an apartment building in downtown Atlanta you might not have a need to shoot past 50yds, but the only thing a pistol excels at is concealment, while being only adequate or completely inadequate in all other roles.
Now we're extrapolating well beyond the original post.

Yeah, 1 gun CANNOT adequately serve all scenarios, all roles, all purposes to which a person might want a firearm.

So you have to prioritize what uses of a firearm are most important to you, or which you expect WILL BECOME most important to you in the future.

Frankly, if we were to take personal defense and Second Amendment militia type scenarios out of the equation I would be happiest with a 22 rifle for recreational shooting (target work, plinking) and small game hunting. That's what gives me the most enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom