• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IF YOU HAD TO HAVE ONLY ONE FIREARM.

Glock 19X. I don't know how some of you are concealing shotguns and full-sized ARs.
Who said full size? And since the premise is of a one gun for all situations, I don’t think a pistol is good for anything past 50yds and I certainly wouldn’t want to be hunting with a 9mm. Just a personal preference but concealability is not in my top 5 priorities for my one and only weapon.

Who said full size? And since the premise is of a one gun for all situations, I don’t think a pistol is good for anything past 50yds and I certainly wouldn’t want to be hunting with a 9mm. Just a personal preference but concealability is not in my top 5 priorities for my one and only weapon.
Several folks did. When is not having a firearm most likely to negatively affect your life? When you can't carry it because it isn't concealable. I'm more concerned about 2 legged predators than anything else. Concealability is paramount.

The OP was asking about one firearm for all situations-- note "all situations."

A handgun or PDW that can be concealed while walking or otherwise traveling out in public has to be top priority.

The only situation where I would not make my one and only firearm a handgun /P.D.W. would be if things were so bad I was just hunkering down in a bunker, eating my own food, not trading or dealing with anybody, and never leaving my own property.

P.S. So I am saying that the most important role of a firearm in my life, both now and in the expected future involving pretty much any realistic scenario, is that the firearm shall be a portable personal defense tool for me.

If my main interest in firearms was something else, like hunting or target shooting, or even flat-out warfare, then my answer would be different.
Then it would be some type of long gun.

Back
Top Bottom