• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"I'll take it." Actually, no... you won't.

Where are you located? I usually don't deal with these people.

Where's Eatonton? I usually don't deal with these people.

I have left standing offers with people in Villa Rica, and Augusta, that I would take it at this price and meet them at exit 114 on I-20 and a couple of weeks later they would contact me and the deal was done.
Well I guess you didn't need it instantly. You're a man who stands by his word.

IMG_1714.JPG

You get it. ;)
It's been so long since I started the thread I don't remember exactly why but I believe the impetus was several posts whining that the seller didn't sell them whatever it was they were after even though they offered their asking price, or just went quiet, or whatever. It seems it never enters into the minds of people that perhaps the seller just doesn't want to sell to you, for any number of possible reasons. (I personally won't sell to or buy from certain types of people.) It's just interesting how linear the thought process is for some.
Yep, I've politely turned offers down and no problem. We try to negotiate and if we can't come to an agreement then we just say thanks anyway and move on but that guy acted like it was his RIGHT to buy at his price. I even came down a little on my price in order to get a negotiation going and he acted like I shot him in the ass or something. Lol! He is the only member I've ever had that kind of problem with here. Local guy too, what an asshat. Haha!

First let me say that the major majority of folks I have met on here are great people. Very nice guys with similar interest, salt of the earth type people, some professional types etc. However, I have always thought you have the right to refuse to sell to anyone, if I drive up and do not like your looks or your attitude, or something does not feel right, I reserve the right to move on.
^^^^^This^^^^^

Since this thread is nearly 19 months ago, it is not shocking that you would not remember exactly why you started the thread. Heck, I can't remember what I wore yesterday, much less the reason for starting a thread that is 19 months old.
Haha! Shoot man, I forget what I'm even talking about in the middle of a sentence sometimes if I get interrupted. Lol!

99.9% are great! Love these guys! Watch for negs. They got negs for a good reason most of the time. Some are questionable but a person with 2 negs or more??? Buyer or seller beware.
^^^^^This too^^^^^ First thing I do is check their feedback, if they have negs I'll see why and how long ago it was but so far I haven't had any dealings with anyone with any negative feedback. If a guy has one neg and it was several years ago and it was for something out of his control that could happen to any of us, I can overlook that. If he has two or more I pretty much go back to looking at other ads and just move on.

Reactions: JWC
The one joy you have is you never have to do business with that person by your own choosing. And God forbid they change their screen name and start the whole process over. We are all men here, well most of us, and crap is going to happen. You just have to get over it and stop looking in the rearview mirror

Back
Top Bottom