• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Illegal search of.......A Garage Sale..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a funny thread. Good reading though. I'm not in the LE business but can "happily" say I have several friends and relatives who are! I have done business with LEO's on this site more than once. The issue I saw in the video was a little attitude from the officer. A lot of attitude from the lady. 2 wrongs create situations like this. If either person had approached this with a different demeanor it would have been a non-issue. My .02 worth. No rights were violated IMO.

Actually , she's a chain smoking alcoholic, not a pothead.

I have seen numerous links to this video which encourage such a confrontation and espouse an aggressive, defiant attitude toward the cops in similar cases.

Pick your battles wisely, folks. This one is a battle which you will lose. I believe the cops left because they didn't want to waste the resources on this crazy woman, but I still think she was in the wrong. It is one thing entirely if some po-po comes into your house without a warrant (but there are still reasons that they can.) It is entirely something else if you put stuff right in your front yard and dare them to come look at it.

Don't get caught with your pants down. This woman was wrong. She was a loon, and she is very lucky she isn't spending tens of thousands to stay out of prison on this one. This video is very misleading.

You are correct:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Dunn

In this case, the court determined that officers could look into a barn (which was not attached to a residence) and bust a drug lab without violating the 4th. And again, what they saw was in "public view" they didn't actually need to enter the barn.

Here is the actual 4th amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[1

Notice that it clearly applies to your "house" and "effects." This has been held time and time again to mean places where you have an "expectation of privacy." Like INSIDE your residence. Certainly not stuff in plain view (just because it is on your property.) This lady dug herself a big, stupid hole-and the officers were good enough to simply leave her alone. Do not interpret the result as a victory on her part. The cops likely just had better things to take care of than a crazy pothead with a video camera.

I have no problem with the LEO doing his job here, he doesn't make the laws, he's a messenger of them. The liberal, whoops, I mean "lady", whom the LEO said "I know who you are" is obviously some annoying, thorn to the Police in the community, probably always trying to find them doing something wrong, policing the police. I'm assuming her coffee house job isn't fulfilling her life enough so she needs to find other things to do...

I like bacon.

And
I think you guys are looking for something to argue about.
There is a thread called Thunderdome..send out the chicken feet and have at it there.

Its a video that was put in the stupid section
till a few of you started *****en.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom