• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Illegal search of.......A Garage Sale..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference is you cannot have the plumber arrested because he did the job wrong. There are checks and balances in place to limit the LEO's ability to "be and asshole" no other profession is so watched, monitored or might I say "harassed" (in some peoples vernacular) I wonder why you used the words "I've had family and friends that were cops" That would imply they are no longer your friends or family, or no longer cops? Just curious.
i have friends who became cops to

i dont hang out with them like i use to anymore, just sayin. still my friend but i cant be sure if their allegiance is to a faceless state entity, ya know just doing their job is a pretty typical excuse for acting like a robot

Difference is you cannot have the plumber arrested because he did the job wrong. There are checks and balances in place to limit the LEO's ability to "be and asshole" no other profession is so watched, monitored or might I say "harassed" (in some peoples vernacular) I wonder why you used the words "I've had family and friends that were cops" That would imply they are no longer your friends or family, or no longer cops? Just curious.
I won't argue right or wrong on this and other videos like it, but I very much doubt that anything was done to the cop in question for being a mouthy, bully jerk. Not that I believe he SHOULD be arrested or punished, just don't agree with the basic principal that law enforcement of any kind has the authority to mess with people with little or no repurcussion. If you can't handle yourself in nothing short of a professional and courteous manner, you shouldn't be doing it. I don't care if you're having a bad day, don't care about your personal problems. Your (cops) bad day can ruin MUCH more than that for someone you ticket or arrest! And as far as the "had" remark, family member is retired, friends were mostly in another state that I no longer live in. We didn't hang out and have dinner either, just more like good acquaintances. The person I knew here belonged to a church I no longer attend so again, not "good" friends, but friends the same.

By the way, one of those "friends" in the other state allegedly asked a girl I was dating at the time (he was a detective) if I was taking steroids! He worked out at the same gym I did. It was "hearsay" from her but there was no reason to believe she would just make something like that up and enough of a reason, considering his job position, to believe he did. And fwiw, I wasn't! lol :)

I won't argue right or wrong on this and other videos like it, but I very much doubt that anything was done to the cop in question for being a mouthy, bully jerk. Not that I believe he SHOULD be arrested or punished, just don't agree with the basic principal that law enforcement of any kind has the authority to mess with people with little or no repurcussion. If you can't handle yourself in nothing short of a professional and courteous manner, you shouldn't be doing it. I don't care if you're having a bad day, don't care about your personal problems. Your (cops) bad day can ruin MUCH more than that for someone you ticket or arrest! And as far as the "had" remark, family member is retired, friends were mostly in another state that I no longer live in. We didn't hang out and have dinner either, just more like good acquaintances. The person I knew here belonged to a church I no longer attend so again, not "good" friends, but friends the same.

I understand your position, but it's not like someone elses "bad day" cannot effect an LEO's life. Like say the woman that runs the stop sign with out a seat belt while talking to her BFF. She gets pissed because the officer had the audacity to stop HER and not all the "real" criminals. Calls and makes the false claim that cop only pulled her over to get her phone number. Even though the officer has a video of the contact and has done nothing wrong, the story makes the papers. The problems in the departments and his family are REAL.
"Normal" (LOL) people rarely if ever have these type of issues that effect them. For every officer you hear about that does something wrong or not the way you want it there are THOUSANDS of contacts that are routine and no one has been upset. Think about the millions of cameras around all of us every day.

I understand your position, but it's not like someone elses "bad day" cannot effect an LEO's life. Like say the woman that runs the stop sign with out a seat belt while talking to her BFF. She gets pissed because the officer had the audacity to stop HER and not all the "real" criminals. Calls and makes the false claim that cop only pulled her over to get her phone number. Even though the officer has a video of the contact and has done nothing wrong, the story makes the papers. The problems in the departments and his family are REAL.
"Normal" (LOL) people rarely if ever have these type of issues that effect them. For every officer you hear about that does something wrong or not the way you want it there are THOUSANDS of contacts that are routine and no one has been upset. Think about the millions of cameras around all of us every day.
I have mildly considered becoming a cop a few times over the years, but the junk on both sides is too much of a deterrent. It's just not worth the hassle either way. And don't even get me started on that useless seat belt law! Any cop that pulls someone over for just that should be ashamed of themselves! Who am I endangering by that? Now yapping away on my cell or texting-THAT poses a threat to others around me in a very real way. IF I was a cop and saw that, you can bet I'd follow a ways behind them and just wait for the reason to pull them over, cause it will happen. Anyway, none of this changes the fact that abuses happen too often and too often not enough is done about it, cameras or not.

walmart employees arent paid by our tax dollars and if we have a bad expeirence we can avoid them by our choice, we dont get to choose for a cop not to become involved alot of the time

"You wake and sleep under the protection they provide and then question the manor in which they provide it?"

there are alot of nice cops out there, but i dont like their boss and how they do their job.

kinda like those guys who boot cars or tow cars for BS reasons, i mean they are just doing their job (yet their job sucks, and i hate everyone of those low life parasites)

It's a felony to sell firearms to another citizen in california direct, all transactions must go through an FFL except the listed DOJ exemptions IE LEO's and Family members. Now I don't agree with that law, but PC was established according to state laws and filed complaint. If you don't know what you're talking about shut it.

You pretty much just summed up your intelligence right there. Congrats on that.
im so glad you can gauge peoples IQ on internet postings, especially since your the one proclaimed this fascist crap

"You wake and sleep under the protection they provide and then question the manor in which they provide it?"

:)

It's a felony to sell firearms to another citizen in california direct, all transactions must go through an FFL except the listed DOJ exemptions IE LEO's and Family members. Now I don't agree with that law, but PC was established according to state laws and filed complaint. If you don't know what you're talking about shut it.

you do realize they can still sell the gun right? they have every right to advertise and sell firearms, and like you said they have to go through an FFL. where in the video did you see them accepting cash and giving the firearm right then and there to the buyer? for all you know, they could very well be following the law to the letter................so, what you talkin bout?

you do realize they can still sell the gun right? they have every right to advertise and sell firearms, and like you said they have to go through an FFL. where in the video did you see them accepting cash and giving the firearm right then and there to the buyer? for all you know, they could very well be following the law to the letter................so, what you talkin bout?

Your ignorance continues to astound. Know what you're talking about before you put fingers to keyboard. An officer "Investigates", based on Reasonable suspicion, Probable cause, or just a call. He can base the investigation on the plain view of what looked to be firearms. Yes, they could be following the law to the letter, but he can't know that until he investigates. And he has a RIGHT to be there when he is called and observes anything that COULD be in violation of the law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom