• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Im pretty sure im about to start an ODT fire lol...

I like the 7.62x25 better, more ammo is available right now from various manufacturers as well. Its not what I carry for self defense though. Now if somebody made one with a high cap mag, I'd buy it before the 5.7. I built a AK carbine for the 7.62x25 and using Romanian surplus I'm getting 1,925 fps out of a 16 inch barrel and thats with a 95 gr. bullet. Thats a lot of energy right there, I'd love to shoot some ballistic gel to see the wound channel.

I'm a huge fan of the 5.7x28mm (and 22TCM, for that matter). The previous issues with popularity seemed to step from lack of ammo availability. However, those issues have since been resolved. I can find 5.7x28mm at Walmart, GA Firing Line, Cherokee Gun & Pawn, and pretty much wherever else I look.

I feel the current issue is lack of firearms chambered in the caliber. Aside from the AR-57, FN, MPA, Excel Arms, and maybe some others I'm others I'm forgetting. The fact remains that there are around 10-12 guns chambered in the round and nowhere near enough to spur a manufacturer's interest in producing more.

As far as for a concealed carry option, I feel it's more than adequate. it's a fast and destructive round. Carrying capacity is plenty, regardless of current firearm offerings. My reasoning for not carrying a 5.7 chambered firearm is size. I personally have a hard enough time concealing a G26 and S&W Bodyguard due to my thin frame, thus anything full sized is out of the picture. Now IF there were a smaller sized 5.7x28 chambered (or 22TCM for that matter) then I'd be all over it.

Back
Top Bottom