• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impractical/obsolete firearms you can’t shake the desire to buy

Angstadt UDP-9IR integrally suppressed 9mm rifle. Too long, Glock mags, keymod, and I've been oogling one at gafl for months. Filed the paperwork today so I don't technically own it, but I couldn't not buy it.
Now I own it
PXL_20230616_025101325~2.jpg
PXL_20230616_025046863~2.jpg

Browning BDM. I keep buying them, playing with them for a while, then selling them. A few years later, the cycle repeats itself. I bet I've owned $800 worth of magazines for them.

If I ever acquire a decock-only model, I'll probably keep it.

View attachment 5849569
I love mine, but I wish I could have got a non two-tone model, I hate the Browning 'black finish' slide.

$800 in magazines? I'm sure 4 is enough.

Browning BDM. I keep buying them, playing with them for a while, then selling them. A few years later, the cycle repeats itself. I bet I've owned $800 worth of magazines for them.

View attachment 5849569

Love these. My Dad had one in the early 80’s, deep blue with wood grips. Absolutely beautiful. I’ve always wanted one just like it.

I also love the Beretta 84. Just a beautiful gun, and they shoot well.

I love mine, but I wish I could have got a non two-tone model, I hate the Browning 'black finish' slide.

$800 in magazines? I'm sure 4 is enough.

The mags are definitely pricey buggers!

That last one I had was the two-tone version. I was getting something done at Line-X, was talking to the manager, he asked if I was into guns. When I said that I was, he brought out a Browning BDM Practical (two-tone) in the box with the papers and two mags. Said he was trying to sell it for his neighbor. Price was right, and I bought it on the spot.

Couple years later I sold it to a buddy. It's still his carry gun.

View attachment 5849569

Sorry, I was talking about the BDA. I have never seen a BDM, I don’t think. I love Brownings, though, and would like to get my hands on one of these.

Sorry, I was talking about the BDA. I have never seen a BDM, I don’t think. I love Brownings, though, and would like to get my hands on one of these.

I still come across them now and again, even without looking. Had one through the shop for Cerakote a few weeks ago. One of the worst guns I've ever had to detail disassemble and reassemble!

Reactions: MRH

View attachment 5849569
Too funny, I just bought another one :) I like the narrow profile better than the original HP.

Back
Top Bottom