• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In a Nation Where the 2A "Shall not be Infringed"

they need to sue the airport and tsa for not disclosing that new york does not follow the rules.
the websites should list all cities that this can happen in. by not informing people and giving directions,that when followed can lead to an arrest. it should fall under entrapment laws...
remember,none of the "to catch a predator" guys could be prosecuted.... it was entrapment...
the websites should list all cities that this can happen in. by not informing people and giving directions,that when followed can lead to an arrest. it should fall under entrapment laws...
remember,none of the "to catch a predator" guys could be prosecuted.... it was entrapment...
I haven't read anything about most of the cases not being prosecuted, just one one district not prosecuting the people from ONE of the operations.
Entrapment involves enticing someone to do something they would not normally do. If I remember correctly they don't contact the predators first, they wait for the predators to pursue who they believe is a minor on the internet.
It is the same reason undercover police don't approach people trying the sell drugs. or actively pursue Johns.

i would say not disclosing the places that you cant pack(store in tsa approved box) you guns legally is entrapment. because they followed all the rules,shows that it is something they do. so by not stating on the website all the places you cant fly into with a gun is entrapment. they enticed them to break the law. i think all airports should follow one rule of law, not local laws.

i would say not disclosing the places that you cant pack(store in tsa approved box) you guns legally is entrapment. because they followed all the rules,shows that it is something they do. so by not stating on the website all the places you cant fly into with a gun is entrapment. they enticed them to break the law. i think all airports should follow one rule of law, not local laws.

It's not a TSA issue.

The issue is caused by people taking their guns out of the airport, into the sewer that is New York City. As long as the gun owner is in transit, federal law controls. Note that neither of Stoessel's examples involves a traveler in transit.

All that said, I have real issues with TSA or the airline tipping off the locals. Especially in light of the fact that if either tipped off the local LEO that you were an illegal alien, they wouldn't do a thing because N.Y. is a sanctuary city.

It's not a TSA issue.

The issue is caused by people taking their guns out of the airport, into the sewer that is New York City. As long as the gun owner is in transit, federal law controls. Note that neither of Stoessel's examples involves a traveler in transit.

All that said, I have real issues with TSA or the airline tipping off the locals. Especially in light of the fact that if either tipped off the local LEO that you were an illegal alien, they wouldn't do a thing because N.Y. is a sanctuary city.

So the TSA squealing on you like a pig is not an issue. Really? I'll bet they get a kickback from the revenue generated.

The TSA does nothing more than make ignorant people feel safe.
When you give up Liberty in the name of Safety, you deserve neither.

So the TSA squealing on you like a pig is not an issue. Really? I'll bet they get a kickback from the revenue generated.

The TSA does nothing more than make ignorant people feel safe.
When you give up Liberty in the name of Safety, you deserve neither.

It would be a personal issue, but not a legal one.

And reviewing the Stoessel pieces, it's not clear that TSA squealed on anyone. Or even the airline. Both cases may have been the result of NYPD (or the airport police) being in the right place.

If you are going to any state, you need to check the laws in that state. I am traveling to TX this week and will review the laws for each state I go through. ANYONE taking a weapon to NY should know understand the risk.

It's not a TSA issue.

you guys are on point. i agree with others that NY's laws are sh1t and i despise them, but the woman should have checked reciprocity laws before going to NY with a handgun.

Back
Top Bottom