• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In doubt of 9mm being best for prepping

It is easier to keep two rounds because 223 and 9mm are so commonly available. Weight wise you can fairly easily carry 6-8 rifle mags and 4-6 pistol mags. The set up I had at one point as a g23 and 4 or so mags, 9mm conversion barrel plus 4-6 mags, and then the rifle and mags for it. The would allow scavenging for ammo if needed and in three of the most commonly run across calibers.

It is easier to keep two rounds because 223 and 9mm are so commonly available. Weight wise you can fairly easily carry 6-8 rifle mags and 4-6 pistol mags. The set up I had at one point as a g23 and 4 or so mags, 9mm conversion barrel plus 4-6 mags, and then the rifle and mags for it. The would allow scavenging for ammo if needed and in three of the most commonly run across calibers.
Smart!

I guess what I am getting at is humans might not be your only problem you face when you really have to go out of sight.
No matter the scenario and no matter where you go a human armed with modern weaponry is gonna be your biggest and most likely threat.

The cowboys weren't smart because they carried six shot revolvers and lever guns, they were smart because they carried the most effective firearms of their time. They didn't need six shot pistols and large tube magazine to hunt game, they needed them because that's what their enemy would bring to the table as well.

No matter the scenario and no matter where you go a human armed with modern weaponry is gonna be your biggest and most likely threat.

The cowboys weren't smart because they carried six shot revolvers and lever guns, they were smart because they carried the most effective firearms of their time. They didn't need six shot pistols and large tube magazine to hunt game, they needed them because that's what their enemy would bring to the table as well.
If i ever have to get into a firefight in this country i sure hope the people i have to fight are using revolvers and lever guns.

Not mention they were accomplished bad asses! They had to be semi intelligent to live as long as some of did. The west was a hostile environment they took advantage of every opportunity. There will be people out there like that when the SHTF. I am not planning on carrying one gun or one caliber. I don't have to navigate a massive city to be out of sight. I will have time to do a little shuffling stuff to the truck before I head to the woods. In 15 minutes I can be in the remote woods out of sight and just sinking into the backdrop.

I will have time to do a little shuffling stuff to the truck before I head to the woods. In 15 minutes I can be in the remote woods out of sight and just sinking into the backdrop.

people make statements like that I always wonder if they plan to just trespass or hang out in state parks or what?
the woods? How much property do you own? Curious?

people make statements like that I always wonder if they plan to just trespass or hang out in state parks or what?
the woods? How much property do you own? Curious?
Exactly. I already live in “the woods”. The folks out here are leery of new faces…if the SHTF, “leery” is gonna be an understatement. No creature goes feral quicker than a human when public services stop. The folks already in the woods are not going to suffer any suburban or urban foolishness up in “our neck of the woods”.

Make friends now, not later.

Back
Top Bottom