• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inappropriate communication stupid texts and unwillingness to have a phone conversation.

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
This rant has been simmering for a while. Some time ago I started PMing with a SOT about a can. I gave him my number and told him unknown caller go directly to voicemail. Leave a message or send a text. Several days later I get a one word text. What would you do? I normally delete BS texts as a phishing attempt.

it turns out that the one word text was just part of his ODT handle.

Can you think of a more f*cked up way to say “hi this is ******* I got your number from ODT”? And I told him so. A couple days later I bought a can from Quiet Riot.

Recently I was mildly interested in a gun for sale. It is an obscure twin for my EDC and I sent a PM with my name and number. 2 weeks later I still see the same weapon, relisted and bumped on a daily basis.

What the F*ck is wrong with people? What is so hard about having a conversation.. in each case I had already made the decision to buy. so I wasn’t even thinking about haggling. I guess there is an entire generation who cannot effectively communicate

This rant has been simmering for a while. Some time ago I started PMing with a SOT about a can. I gave him my number and told him unknown caller go directly to voicemail. Leave a message or send a text. Several days later I get a one word text. What would you do? I normally delete BS texts as a phishing attempt.

it turns out that the one word text was just part of his ODT handle.

Can you think of a more f*cked up way to say “hi this is ******* I got your number from ODT”? And I told him so. A couple days later I bought a can from Quiet Riot.

Recently I was mildly interested in a gun for sale. It is an obscure twin for my EDC and I sent a PM with my name and number. 2 weeks later I still see the same weapon, relisted and bumped on a daily basis.

What the F*ck is wrong with people? What is so hard about having a conversation.. in each case I had already made the decision to buy. so I wasn’t even thinking about haggling. I guess there is an entire generation who cannot effectively communicate
Not you but myself, I was told they had saw some of my previous post and did not want to deal with a @@@@@ like me!
I love it! Honesty is the best policy

It’s not just ODT. It’s Craigslist as well. I always think to myself, do you want to sell this thing or not? If I’m the seller I always reply , if your serious call me. Maybe they are scammers or maybe it’s the Gen X crowd that can’t have a normal conversation.

Yea we’ll say what you want there boys but i was ass raped in a deal by an OG here and couldn’t neg him cause it wasn’t done in a PM(we only talked and texted) If you can’t communicate in the PM system to make the deal we ain’t gonna make one! Just that simple
Great! I got no problem with documenting the agreement via PM’s Before we meet! But refusing to communicate or sending F*cked up cryptic one word texts?

Something just ain't right

It’s not just ODT. It’s Craigslist as well. I always think to myself, do you want to sell this thing or not? If I’m the seller I always reply , if your serious call me. Maybe they are scammers or maybe it’s the Gen X crowd that can’t have a normal conversation.
Absolutely Right! IF YOU ARE SERIOUS, CALL ME!

Back
Top Bottom