• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

India bans rice exports

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
They produce around 40% of the world’s rice. Those folks that were stocking up and storing in Mylar bags may be sitting on a gold mine soon. May not be a bad idea to grab a little extra.

I'm sure the US rice growers would appreciate everyone picking up a little extra, while this sucks for the rest of the world and Africa, we pretty much grow our own here.

Each year, American rice farmers sustainably grow roughly 20 billion pounds of rice in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Texas. Half of the rice crop is consumed in the United States, accounting for 80 percent of the rice consumed domestically.

They produce around 40% of the world’s rice. Those folks that were stocking up and storing in Mylar bags may be sitting on a gold mine soon. May not be a bad idea to grab a little extra.

I can understand why. That's a tough decision that requires forsight and fortitude. With all the flooding and heatwaves that will only get worse. Wonder if their also going to have a large national stockpile.

I'm sure the US rice growers would appreciate everyone picking up a little extra, while this sucks for the rest of the world and Africa, we pretty much grow our own here.

Each year, American rice farmers sustainably grow roughly 20 billion pounds of rice in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Texas. Half of the rice crop is consumed in the United States, accounting for 80 percent of the rice consumed domestically.
Like everything else, the price for rice will shoot up. Why? Because why not? They’ll blame it on this even though it’s produced and provided domestically.

Back
Top Bottom