• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting call from a Savannah detective

gtalum1996

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
181   0
Reaction score
Got a call from a detective the other day about a firearm that was in my name that was used in a homicide.

He asked if I had a G19. Then he asked if I knew where it was. Then he asked if I reported it stolen.

Then he wanted to know if I kept records of who I sold them to.

I’ve pretty much stalled him, but I’m probably just going to tell him I sold it in a private sale in 2021 (as it was)

Always wondered if I would eventually get one of these phone calls after selling and trading over the years…

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 379
I don't keep any kind of records but if you sold it here it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it went to...if you where so inclined.
I'm sure the operators of this site would be more than willing to roll over for any investigators who asked for that information.
Nothing is private especially "private" sales on a public website.

I don't keep any kind of records but if you sold it here it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it went to...if you where so inclined.
I'm sure the operators of this site would be more than willing to roll over for any investigators who asked for that information.
"brotherhood" 😂

I thought thats why i was paying 25% over retail here ..... :behindsofa: ...:caked:

Got a call from a detective the other day about a firearm that was in my name that was used in a homicide.

He asked if I had a G19. Then he asked if I knew where it was. Then he asked if I reported it stolen.

Then he wanted to know if I kept records of who I sold them to.

I’ve pretty much stalled him, but I’m probably just going to tell him I sold it in a private sale in 2021 (as it was)

Always wondered if I would eventually get one of these phone calls after selling and trading over the years…
"Not being a haggler"? What is that supposed to mean?

So I’m confused here, did you do something wrong? Myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to help with a homicide investigation unless the investigator was being a complete dick. The idea that some monkey ass fool went and committed murder with the firearm I sold him is on him not me.

Back
Top Bottom