• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting call from a Savannah detective

So I’m confused here, did you do something wrong? Myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to help with a homicide investigation unless the investigator was being a complete dick. The idea that some monkey ass fool went and committed murder with the firearm I sold him is on him not me.
I get what you're saying here and having empathy and compassion for the victim and his/her family, it would seem to be the right thing to do, however, there always seems to be an ulterior motive. Nowadays you can't trust which direction the conversation will go and what that conversation will end up doing to alter your own future. That whole "can and will be used against you" thing.

Should say absolutely nothing unless subpoenaed and if that happens the conversation needs to be in the company of a lawyer.

If you really really want to get him off your back, you can also just kick down the road. The conversation ended on your ad on April 12, 2020. I don't see where your buyer/listed it after that date and feedback was left same day.

It looks like it was listed again:

There are 3 positive feedbacks from this profile in the month of October to choose from. That's where my pro bono services stop unless Mr. Detective wants to share his salary with me.

I get what you're saying here and having empathy and compassion for the victim and his/her family, it would seem to be the right thing to do, however, there always seems to be an ulterior motive. Nowadays you can't trust which direction the conversation will go and what that conversation will end up doing to alter your own future. That whole "can and will be used against you" thing.

Should say absolutely nothing unless subpoenaed and if that happens the conversation needs to be in the company of a lawyer.
Yea I get this point, however if you have done your due diligence before the sale, which is minimal in this state, it shouldn’t be any issue to help the investigation. With that said by no means am i saying, hey just walk into the police station and give all the info away freely. Provide exactly the info requested with an attorney present.

Don’t ya see……That’s why you should always get a bill of sale. It will protect you in your time of need.
IMG_1461.jpeg

If you really really want to get him off your back, you can also just kick down the road. The conversation ended on your ad on April 12, 2020. I don't see where your buyer/listed it after that date and feedback was left same day.

There....look, I did Mr. Detective's homework for his lazy ass.
1703336885370.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom