• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Internet going down for a few months.

I'm not really sure those that are wishing for this is fully aware of how important the internet has become to modern businesses? I know that we can't do much of anything at work w/o internet. I can't even print from my computer to the copier w/o it going through the internet to uptown, then networked back to me... There will be no groceries, no shipping, no gas at the pumps, no electricity to pump the gas out of tanks... maybe I am just being Chicken Little on all this, and as aggravating as cellphones are (and its a lack of home raising; not the technology that is a problem), I for one am not looking forward to no internet!! :behindsofa:

I'm not really sure those that are wishing for this is fully aware of how important the internet has become to modern businesses? I know that we can't do much of anything at work w/o internet. I can't even print from my computer to the copier w/o it going through the internet to uptown, then networked back to me... There will be no groceries, no shipping, no gas at the pumps, no electricity to pump the gas out of tanks... maybe I am just being Chicken Little on all this, and as aggravating as cellphones are (and its a lack of home raising; not the technology that is a problem), I for one am not looking forward to no internet!! :behindsofa:

My job would also be shutdown without internet.

Sounds great until you realize just how bad bad it would suck and just how fast things would grind to a complete halt. Food, fuel, electricity and water would all be heavily affected. Mass looting/rioting and no emergency services readily available. Yea sounds like a blast….

Is the suggestion that they have operated more within the boundaries since the internet?
Not at all. Where are the guardrails if all communication was terminated for a few months…. News, cellphones, facebook, twitter.

If they knew that was going to happen ahead of time. What would they want to do if they knew that nobody would find out till pandora was out of the box.

Ooops too late

My job would also be shutdown without internet.

Mine, too. Or all employees would have to drive in to work. I did that for a long time, 60 miles a day round trip. To Hell with that.

It kind of sucked before Fiber internet connections (like DSL connections), but was still better than driving long slow miles every day in ATL traffic.

With Fiber, I work with people local, and in India, like it was nothing.

Not all of the internet is bad. You just have to avoid as much of the B.S. aspect as possible.

Yeah, easier said than done.

I say we load up the pick ups with fishing poles and gunz & ammo, head to the woods to do a good day of old fashion fishing and shooting !! Put a few soft drinks in the cooler…maybe a couple of beer…… Some chips/dip.
We would have it made ! No phone ringing to tell you it’s time to do this or that. No way for the wife to call and say you need to come home because of some emergency!! :becky: :dance:
If my wife couldn’t contact every: hrs I believe she’d just dang near have nervous breakdown.. she’ll call just to dang call. No reason except to just hear my voice so it’ll light a fire inside her I guess

Back
Top Bottom