• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IO... The "Hi-Point" of AKs? Or worse?

Is their CEO still in prison?

I melted the plastic handguards off one with one 30rd mag dump. Junk must have been made out of recycled aquafina bottles.

When, I recieved my AK's from my kids, I asked ODT what to stay away from and what I should tell my kids to look out for like Good Front Site's, the Wood on them and if they were modified can I get the original parts with each buy. But, almost 100% of the AK guys said STAY AWAY from I.O. AK's, by the way my wife has a Carbine Hi-Point say what you want about the Handguns, but the Carbine's are good shooter's for in close fighting. She has now upgraded to a AR-15, because they are so cheap to buy.

NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter melted the handguards that's just ridiculous. How can they make something so bad.
I would guess they keep making them because people keep buying them. I think most people don't research a potential purchase before laying out the coin. They see a "pretty" ak and figure it must be good and have the legendary reliability. Same with some of Centuries latest offerings, bewildering to me that IO and Century make up the largest percentage of sales for ak rifles.

All you need to do is watch the video they made of an AK being assembled by Pioneer at their factory in Poland. They are pressing the rivets in through the receiver and against the barrel. Thats how they are installing the front trunnion. Just a matter of time before the rivets come loose. I made a video where I rebuilt a Century Arms M70 due to the rivets being loose and I go into detail explaining why it shouldn't be done this way. You do NOT want an AK assembled like this.

This is how they do it. I wouldn't buy one.

IMG_3376.PNG
IMG_3377.JPG
I traded for one on here at the end of January .. 1st problem was the bolt jumped out of battery because it needs a longer bolt or buffer pad on spring.. Fixed by getting a used bolt fired flawless for about 500 rounds then the rivets fell out of trunion.. Took AK to Gunsmith Cliff Sarrett at Gwinnett Gunsmith.. They said they had never seen such a poorly made AK.. They went through it and fixed rivets, and any thing else they saw that looked suspicious,as well as installed a custom muzzle brake for me.. They had my AK less than a week and the end result is an AK that ran 1000 rounds in the next two days flawless!! And 1500 rounds in the last 2 weeks flawless!! I will NOW feel comfortable running my IO AK against any AK out there....

Back
Top Bottom