• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IRON MAIDEN

Large concerts for me are like a long lost best friend that has a terminal illness . I just don't think I could stomach seeing one in the shape they're in today. I loved going to shows back in the day when cameras were prohibited. Today it's a sea of "smart" phones and a bunch of posers that have no idea who's on stage.

R.I.P. old friend, you will be missed more than you'll ever know.

zInstagram.jpg

Large concerts for me are like a long lost best friend that has a terminal illness . I just don't think I could stomach seeing one in the shape they're in today. I loved going to shows back in the day when cameras were prohibited. Today it's a sea of "smart" phones and a bunch of posers that have no idea who's on stage.

R.I.P. old friend, you will be missed more than you'll ever know.

View attachment 1863085

I agree with what you're saying brother, to an extent. Maiden is one of the last bastions of ROCK!
Because of technology and new innovations in the industry, music that has been the soundtrack to our lives will NEVER be made like it once was. These up and coming fly by night bands will not have the longevity of true musicians like : Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Rush, ZZ Top, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, and The Eagles, just to name a few. There are more but you get the picture.

Besides, my son is an up and coming axe slinger and I want him to see kick ass bands/guitar players (and Maiden more than produces.)

Saw them in the Omni in 88 for the Somewhere in Time tour. Great show and you can't beat a good Maiden concert T shirt. Their T shirts and album cover art can only be rivaled by Molly Hatchet.

" Cause if you're gonna die
Die with your boots on..."

Back
Top Bottom