Iron Works Studio off Bells Ferry!!!

JohnnyPlant

Default rank 5000+ posts
Classy AF
140   0
Reaction score
So, I'll try to make this short. My mother has been wanting a deep cast iron skillet for a while and they don't make them anymore so I've been to every antique store around searching. I finally found one and it was going to need restoring, so I soaked it in Apple Cider Vinegar and removed all the rust then I went to sanding and grinding to get it perfect before I reasoned it. I was just about finished and it popped out of the clamp and it fell and this happened.
photo-4.jpg

Disaster right? My neighbor says the is a little shop down a dirt road off of Bells Ferry and the owners name is Dave and if he can't fix it nobody can. Great its the day before Christmas Eve and this is supposed to be a present for my mother and now I'm have to find "Dave" of this dirt road. Well I see the little sign next to PJ's gas station and I pull down this dirt road and come to a couple buildings with all sorts of projects and metal pieces all over with no sort of sign or anything saying this is open to the public. I decide to park and get out once I don't see any guard dogs and walk up to the building I hear sounds coming from and I just walk on in. There is a man grinding away on a chunk of metal and he stops to greet me and is as nice as if we have been friends for years. I tell him my dilemma and he say that cast iron does not like to be welded and usually cracks but to bring it in and let him give it a shot. I said before we go any farther do you take amex or visa and he said not to worry about it won't take long to find out if it will work. Five minutes later and I have this.
photo-6.jpgphoto-5.jpg
Unreal, I try to pay him again and he says that "Dave has a mom too and Merry Christmas". This guys is awesome and so nice. If any of y'all need any iron work done shoot this artist your business, he is a true asset to the Woodstock community.

Last edited:
my dad would drive from cartersville over to that guy when we needed stuff welded , he would work 30 minutes on your item and charge like $15 , my dad would just give him a $20 bill and thank him , he is good at what he does

I drove past it for four years and always thought it was a place that used to be open but apparently he's been there since 96. I wish I had taken more photos.

Yea he has a sign but the dirt road you can't tell if shop is open by driving by. I will check him out after the holidays. I have a few items needing welded.

Back
Top Bottom