• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is NASCAR Dying?

And Nascars stance on the Confederate flag helped further alienate fans like myself.

I was already pretty fed up with the NASCAR officials blatant favoritism calls during the races.
Dale Jrs Team's, point fine for Jr saying ****, and this whiney political correct flag removal.
Let's not forget them letting that whinny girl race, regardless of how much she got in the way.

NASCAR started dying before Dale Sr, go killed. They were already grooming Gordon to be their poster child. The officials almost always made sure that Gordon would win.

Hell, we used to get 2 spots on the infield of Darlington.

Modern Nascar sux. The France family has tried so hard to include women (that were already there because of husbands, brothers, or boyfriends) and the AFRICAN Americans :rolleyes: , that they have disenfranchised the rednecks that started the sport.
Well you beat me to it. They USED to have probably the most loyal fan base of any sport. Then they started watering it down to try to appeal to a broader audience. But why do you need to do that when you're selling out Daytona, Atlanta, Talladega etc twice every year. One word. Greed.
And then there were the rules changes. When they replaced the Thunderbird with a 2 door Taurus I went to a Ford lot and asked when they would get a Taurus coupe. The answer was never. But the way i remember it being was if they race it Detroit or Dearborn had to build and sell it to the public. Same thing with the Intrepid. But at least Dodge eventually built Intrepid coupes. And it just kept getting more unrealistic and stupid.I say it's already dead they just don't want to admit it.

I became a big Nascar fan in 1962 or 63 , but I officially quit when the let Toyota in the cup series I have not been to a race since then , and I seldom look at one on tv.

The problem is that the cars are too easy to drive and it makes the races boring. They have over engineered these cars to the point that the slightest body damage will ruin the aerodynamics and essentially take the car out of contention for a win.

Just like every other form of mainstream entertainment, NASCAR has sold out to the PC crowd. Even Earnhardt Jr said that he didn't like people flying the Confederate flag. Next year they'll have the BLM 500 in Detroit where they'll gladly burn the American flag before the race.

Bristol 2007
z2007.jpg

Bristol 2016
z2016.jpg

NASCAR has been on a steady decline for years
I stopped watching races a few years ago.
Every time you try to watch it now they want to push Dale JR. On you, nah I'll pass

There is about as much real factor to racing as wrestling has now days!

Back
Top Bottom