• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is NASCAR Dying?

Just like every other form of mainstream entertainment, NASCAR has sold out to the PC crowd. Even Earnhardt Jr said that he didn't like people flying the Confederate flag. Next year they'll have the BLM 500 in Detroit where they'll gladly burn the American flag before the race.

Bristol 2007
View attachment 754092

Bristol 2016
View attachment 754093

**** Earnhardt. If he didn't have the fortune of being born to a superstar, he would be making meth in the back of some trailer.

I hate people like that spouting off about something they have no understanding of. His statements were insulting to anyone who has any idea about the actual history of the war.

Interesting pic of Brisol. That used to be a super big deal.

I sure wouldn't buy NASCAR stock.

I was already pretty fed up with the NASCAR officials blatant favoritism calls during the races.
Dale Jrs Team's, point fine for Jr saying ****, and this whiney political correct flag removal.
Let's not forget them letting that whinny girl race, regardless of how much she got in the way.

NASCAR started dying before Dale Sr, go killed. They were already grooming Gordon to be their poster child. The officials almost always made sure that Gordon would win.

Hell, we used to get 2 spots on the infield of Darlington.

It was definitely gradual in decline. Gordon's arrival was a beacon of the signal of its demise (although it may have started sooner than that). Dale Sr.'s death was a nail in the coffin, and I was never a Dale fan. Toyotas, female drivers, and trying to remove the flag replaced the tradition of what used to be a good ol boys sport. I use to be a Mark Martin fan and miss his Folgers Ford along with Rudd, Trickle, Wallace, and Elliot. I couldn't name but maybe 1 or 2 present day drivers.

I wish the days of Bobby Allison and Davey Allison. ..ernie Ervin Ricky Rudd oh there's so many of the old drivers I wished were still driving...that mite help matters a little but I know it won't fix what nascar has done to kill themselves

I wish the days of Bobby Allison and Davey Allison. ..ernie Ervin Ricky Rudd oh there's so many of the old drivers I wished were still driving...that mite help matters a little but I know it won't fix what nascar has done to kill themselves

It has all been self-inflicted.

They have pissed off the fans who made them big in every possible way-from continuous rule changes, to uneven application of the rules, to throwing flags whenever they don't like who will win.

That France guy really should let someone else run the thing for a while. I don't see NASCAR being around in a few years if he continues to cock it up at present level.

Its done.Look around, dont see much Nascar stuff on prius cars anymore. Yessir it's done

Speaking of which- I was in San Diego a couple weeks ago.

EVERY taxi at the airport was a Prius. Every single one.

We asked the driver what was up-he said that if you want to have an airport taxi, it has to be a Prius.....

Damn. Kalifornia.

Nascar was great when they raced the real cars, a Ford was a Ford, Chevy was a Chevy and Chrysler was Chrysler. Where the hell did Toyota come from...... . You could tell when you favorite driver came around the corner even if all the cars were white and had no numbers, now all the cars are the same just covered with stickers. The teams were loyal to the drivers, Petty was blue and raced for STP, Pearson drove a Ford for Purolator, Now it's just musical chairs for the next great sponsor, I can't keep track of who is racing for who. They got my last dime several years a go.
Rant over.....

IMG_5237.jpg

The real racing was the Trans Am series in the late 60s.
4419066167_c68c53cbab_z.jpg

I would say that the influx of Toyota and their money is the ONLY reason "Nascar" is still on TV or in any way a viable product.
At least they are paying American workers to build cars and trucks in the USA. The corporate money they brought in is huge.

Getting away from racing "stock cars" and now racing identical "templates" they call the "car of tomorrow" That will never appear on any street in any form where the only thing that's different is the badge on the grill was surely a hell of a lot more detrimental to the sport than bringing in more corporate money. Especially corporate money from a company that builds and sells as many quality cars in America and provides as many American jobs as Toyota.

Bowing to the politically correct crowd and not understanding that your sport was born of politically incorrect, stick it to the man, rebellion against authority, blue collar, Saturday night hell raisers doesn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom