• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a 30 carbine upper?

Really I would want one in 357mag but 30 carbine close dimensionaly <not a word) and is rimless and just makes sense for fun plinking low recoil/ report.
I had an issue of Gun World way back around 90/91 with an article on an M1C that a company was converting over to ( My memory wants to say) 45/70. I remember this only because of the pics and the review of the pre production rifle with a big crack in the barrel right where it went into the receiver. And that was less than one mag I to testing it. The Gun World staff needless to say was very negative in their review.

I had an issue of Gun World way back around 90/91 with an article on an M1C that a company was converting over to ( My memory wants to say) 45/70. I remember this only because of the pics and the review of the pre production rifle with a big crack in the barrel right where it went into the receiver. And that was less than one mag I to testing it. The Gun World staff needless to say was very negative in their review.

McCann Industries did a limited number of M1 Garands rebarreled to .458WinMag. I shot one and it was neat. Held 5 rounds, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom